←  Body

Suby Club

»

how to take front and rear bars off ?

xSMOKEx's Photo xSMOKEx 28 Jul 2011

hey guys just wondering before i attempt changeing the bars how do they actualy come off ?
1992 GX liberty
has any one got a step by step guide ?

i have just got my self front and rear RS bars and side skirts
and have never had to change front or rear bars on any car before
pick them up tuesday

and im also wondering what is the best way to mount the side skirts as for screws and so on ?

Attached File  post-770-0-03189500-1311410211_thumb.jpg   10.53KB   2 downloads

also i need some one to roll my passenger front guard as its a new guard the other 3 have already been rolled previously before its last owner crashed it
so it had to be replaced

Marv's Photo Marv 28 Jul 2011

Four threads down, I posted this:

Remove the headlight, and jack the car up.
There's x4 17mm bolts on the front chassis rails. That's your main reo mounting point.
Pull back the inner guards - there is a 10mm bolt right at the tip of the bumper near the guard, and one all the way up behind the indicator (you reach all the way in behind the front guard to get it.
Front bumper should come off with some wiggling after that.

Rear is same same, but different.

Lift up boot carpet/underlay - x4 17mm bolts holding the reo to the chassis rails
Pop the side boot carpet pieces off. Should be a couple of 10mm or 12mm nuts holding the side clips in (x2 each side IIRC)
Then there's x2 10mm bolts holding the tip of the rear bar to each guard lip behind the back wheel
Should then wiggle off, holding the sides away from the car.

Skirts - use large screws in the factory locations under the sills, plus 10mm phillips head bolts behind the front wheels.

xSMOKEx's Photo xSMOKEx 28 Jul 2011

thanks mate i have tryed to get them off before but failed lmao

i did not know about the ones right up in the inner guards