←  Suspension / Drivetrain / Rims

Suby Club

»

Wheel Alignment Doubts?

rvshark's Photo rvshark 29 Aug 2011

Hey guys,

The other day I got my 4 wheels aligned, and I noticed that the guy was trying to find the model of the car to match with the software that they use in the machine.

My car is a MY06 2.0R , but he didn't find the model on the screen so he decided to choose the impreza RV 2005. Also he had the doubt if my car wa SOHC or DOHC, which I was not sure either.

Would this make any difference in the wheel alignment?

Thanks in advance.

bobbyjimmy's Photo bobbyjimmy 29 Aug 2011

Probably. He aligned for a car that is "lifted".
He also did it to factory specs - which suck.

Front;
Camber = -1.5
Toe = 0.00

Rear;
Camber = -1.0 (if he can actually do it - he has to loosen some bolts, then push the top of the strut in and pull the bottom out, 2 people helps)
Toe = 0.00

Caster, can't change without bushes, an ALK or alloy arms with the "free caster mod"/spacers.

Also, your title is misleading. I feel cheated.

rvshark's Photo rvshark 29 Aug 2011

Probably. He aligned for a car that is "lifted".
He also did it to factory specs - which suck.

Front;
Camber = -1.5
Toe = 0.00

Rear;
Camber = -1.0 (if he can actually do it - he has to loosen some bolts, then push the top of the strut in and pull the bottom out, 2 people helps)
Toe = 0.00

Caster, can't change without bushes, an ALK or alloy arms with the "free caster mod"/spacers.

Also, your title is misleading. I feel cheated.

LOL didnt even notice I wrote balancing instead of alignment.

Well, the guy did it all by himself, he did lose the bolts on 4 wheels and made adjustments.

This is the description of what they have done.

Posted Image

Any comments?

RX25SE's Photo RX25SE 29 Aug 2011

Looks like he has corrected the toe in on the front, evened up the cambers and changed the rear from toe out to toe in.

Should be OK (drives straight?) but I would have left the rear at toe out and given the front more neg camber, but Im a fussy bastard.

Most aligners would have set the front toe and left it at that.

bobbyjimmy's Photo bobbyjimmy 29 Aug 2011

Agree. Overall that's not bad - I was expecting alot worse.

FWIW, your car is a DOHC, EJ204 engine.

rvshark's Photo rvshark 30 Aug 2011

Thanks for the replies!

Agree. Overall that's not bad - I was expecting alot worse.

FWIW, your car is a DOHC, EJ204 engine.

So, my car is a DOHC? I didnt have a clue but the guy opened the bonnet to check and said that it was SOHC lol....

bobbyjimmy's Photo bobbyjimmy 30 Aug 2011

If it's a 2.0R - it's DOHC.
If it's a 2.0i/RV - it's a SOHC.

rvshark's Photo rvshark 30 Aug 2011

Thanks bobbyjimmy

rvshark's Photo rvshark 06 Sep 2011

Hello guys.... I got a question for you.

The other day i was driving, and I was on a traffic light waiting to turn right, Then I started accelerating to turn, and i heard a metallic sound at the back of my car... i thought that the car behind me hit me but it didnt.

and during the last few days ive been feeling that the car is not driving straight... not very noticeable.

Is this possible? maybe the they guys didnt strengthen well the bolts? and they got loose, hence the sound i heard?

Thanks guys :)

bobbyjimmy's Photo bobbyjimmy 06 Sep 2011

Drive the car on some ramps or jack it up - and use stands - and have a look around.

rvshark's Photo rvshark 06 Sep 2011

Drive the car on some ramps or jack it up - and use stands - and have a look around.

I already had a look and the bolts look fine... i didn't wanna put too much strength on them tho to make sure i don't mess up the alignment.

bobbyjimmy's Photo bobbyjimmy 07 Sep 2011

Ummm, you can jack the car up and it doesn't affect the alignment.