←  Electrical/Electronics

Suby Club

»

HID help

ReDMaN_82's Photo ReDMaN_82 08 Oct 2011

Hey guys and girls,

Have just blown one of my phillips crystal visions and been considering what to replace it with. i dont want to spend a mint but i know alot of guys on here have purchased HID sets for their subys.

Can anyone give me advice or info on which ones to buy or if they know a good place to buy them from.

Any pics wouldnt hurt for curiousity also.

Cheers in advance people..

:drinks:

bobbyjimmy's Photo bobbyjimmy 08 Oct 2011

Do a search on here for the guy alot of people have bought them off.

You need a H7 kit for low beam, H1 for high beam and H3 for fog lights - don't have to do them all, but just for reference.
4300k is similar to what car's from factory with HID's have, 6000k is white with a tint of blue - which is what most people get.
3000k is yellow if you want that in you foglights.

Shiv's Photo Shiv 09 Oct 2011

I recommend the eBay seller "MarsWarehouse". I've bought a total of 4-sets off them over the years. Not a single problem with either of them.

They're roughly double the price (pushing the $200 mark) of what a lot of the guys on here use. However when I get a good thing going, I like to stick too it.

Friendly suggestion - don't get them for the Outbacks fog lights. They are a spread beam reflector light. They were designed for traditional halogen globes [weak] light output. So if you put HID's in them, the light scatter will be ridiculous. Also - keep to buying 35W and not the newer 55W bulbs. 35w is MORE than adequate.