9 replies to this topic

#1 Killswitch

Killswitch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:46 PM

Hi guys,

I have done some looking around on the net but cant find much info. Has anyone fitted Cruise to their B4 with good results? Either adapting the factory RX or aftermarket kit?

Cheers.
MY03 B4 Liberty

#2 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:51 PM

i had an aftermarket cruise kit fitted to my legacy when i got it. the control stalk looked HORRIBLE so i ripped the whole thing out. i'm sure they generally work ok though. my kit was pretty old so i'm sure that the newer ones look a bit better now

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#3 Trent

Trent

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:02 AM

I looked around for a while but gave up as I could not find anything that would work well and look decent for a reasonable price.

#4 TSG

TSG

Cured

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:46 PM

The system in mine is aftermarket I think, it has a little remote on the steering wheel. I have seen the system on other cars too and other B4's here. Works pretty good, couldn't tell you the brand though. It was fitted by Subaru.

#5 Killswitch

Killswitch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:10 PM

Any chance you could get some pictures up for me of under the bonnet and the controller? :)
MY03 B4 Liberty

#6 TSG

TSG

Cured

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:24 PM

I have a couple old pictures from when I bought it...

Posted Image

Engine Bay, Cruise is near the battery there, throttle cable runs along under the cover. I think the round plastic thing under the oil cap is related... with a couple vac lines going to it. But not sure.

Posted Image
Posted Image

The controller is the 3 button thing mounted on the right of the steering wheel center on a metal bracket from within the plastic of the wheel. It is like a remote with a battery, with an IR sensor on the dash. A couple boxes under the dash related to that thing.

#7 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:30 PM

How you know it was a dealer fit cruise control over the original buyer?

#8 TSG

TSG

Cured

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:55 PM

I don't - just that I don't think B4's came standard with Cruise. I have seen various different Cruise systems on B4's, only seen this one on a couple.

My mate has a WRX with Cruise, totally different with like a rectangle controller on the dash, his is kinda broken though! Needa checkout what is going on with it at some point.

#9 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:27 AM

Correct mate, there were no factory options available on the B4, some dealers would add their own little things here. I guess if the original owner didn't add it then a dealer could have got the shits that something they are trying to flog off as premium didn't come with cruise.

Is your cruise pretty good? as in stable with holding speed or does it hunt about?

#10 TSG

TSG

Cured

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:02 PM

I only recently got it working, the IR sensor had been knocked off by the previous owner. I gave it a good test on my run to the Gold Coast recently and it seemed ok, held speed without any noticeable jerky acceleration.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users