3 replies to this topic

#1 hallzee

hallzee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:15 PM

hi all,
i'm looking into buying a 99' forester, i'm after something slightly practical than my last car, (2 dr sport car)
just wondering if there is any big things that i should be lloking out for, in reguards to mechanical things, i dont want to have to spend alot more money fixing it cause i bought a lemon. or is there any huge faults with the car A.K.A it was produced with some shitty fault thats in all of the models and can't be fixed other than getting rid of the car.

thanks
josh

maybe she's born with it...... Maybe its an STI..

#2 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:41 PM

hey mate, i never really researched SF foresters before but haven't really heard of any major things to look out far (nothing like the gen 2 EJ25 dohc head gasket issue etc). I guess you just want to know the car has been well maintained and serviced etc, same as you would with any car you were looking to buy.

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#3 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:50 PM

The EJ20 is a pretty strong engine. My mate had a 98 GX Foz from about 200k - 260k and only needed to replace standard things at that age (clutch, etc).

2nd gear did go but this may have had something to do with his driving style :P

Just make sure it's been regularly serviced and all the usual things are in check

IM47Gcv.jpg

#4 jiggabite

jiggabite

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:33 AM

I haven't heard of any major problem with the SFs.
The only major issue we've had for mine was mum using e10 fuel for a couple years before I got it which ate the fuel lines or something.
Just make sure it's healthy and it will give you lots of life. Mines at 282,000km now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users