←  General

Suby Club

»

Concept gen1 series2 wagon with h6 raptor...

Reegan's Photo Reegan 22 Nov 2011

Concept gen1 series2 wagon with h6 raptor suppercharger conversion

my question is has it been done, is it posible, and if its posible whats ur thoughts
its just and idea of what i would like to do if posible

first i guess is will the engin fit in the bay

12.SLOW's Photo 12.SLOW 22 Nov 2011

pretty sure is possible not sure if it been done

alexGT's Photo alexGT 22 Nov 2011

anything is possible, if you have more dollars than sense go for it :)

i dont but id give it a go it just sounds like something fun to do

Alex's Photo Alex 22 Nov 2011

anything is possible, if you have more dollars than sense go for it :)

troofs.

unless you're wiping your butt with $100 bills, then yeah, go give it a go and have fun.

Adam's Photo Adam 22 Nov 2011

Just remember, a large chunk of what you pour into it you will never get back if you decide to sell!

Some people seem to forget that!

oh i know u never get back ur money when u mod
cars arent money makers

Adam's Photo Adam 22 Nov 2011

Some can be :P

Alex's Photo Alex 22 Nov 2011

hang on.

suppercharged?

here's the last one.

Posted Image

yer ive heard of a lot of gen 4 libys with the h6 suppercharging by raptor givs it like a 100+kw but i could be wrong

fatcat67's Photo fatcat67 22 Nov 2011

Turbocharging will give 200kw for the same money.

Marv's Photo Marv 23 Nov 2011

yer ive heard of a lot of gen 4 libys with the h6 suppercharging by raptor givs it like a 100+kw but i could be wrong

I dont mean to sound like a hater but there are several things going on here that should be brought up.

Firstly, why a Gen1? Why not get a car the H6 came in? Theyre much nicer than an old Lib wagon (and this is an RS Lib wagon owner talking here). A 3.0RB Gen4 already has Bilstein shocks and a six speed. And it looks better. And it doesnt have the same reliability problems a 20yo Gen1 does.

While the motor will fit in the engine bay space is tight. And which H6? The EG33? EZ30D? EZ30R? I know the D and R wont make 100kW over stock without stronger internals and the bolt on Raptor kit sure as hell wont make it as its nowhere near big or efficient enough to make the kind of boost required.

A supercharged 6cyl Gen1 sounds like one of those project cars dreamed up by someone who has played too much Gran Turismo, even when it is possibly feasible. If you want a gen1 because it is the lightest of the lot, dont. Get an Impreza. Or a Nissan Stagea which are a factory turbo six wagon.

If you have your heart set on a flat six Lib on the cheap, id get an H6 Gen3 Outback, de-lift it (rear top arms, steering column/knuckle, crossmembers) and go from there. Or a stock Gen3 Lib and buy a Lancaster front cut from japan. Much nicer inside, rides better, handles better, more resale.

Hope this helps

SAV84C's Photo SAV84C 23 Nov 2011

Newbies -> Noobies

Reegan's Photo Reegan 23 Nov 2011

I dont mean to sound like a hater but there are several things going on here that should be brought up.

Firstly, why a Gen1? Why not get a car the H6 came in? Theyre much nicer than an old Lib wagon (and this is an RS Lib wagon owner talking here). A 3.0RB Gen4 already has Bilstein shocks and a six speed. And it looks better. And it doesnt have the same reliability problems a 20yo Gen1 does.

While the motor will fit in the engine bay space is tight. And which H6? The EG33? EZ30D? EZ30R? I know the D and R wont make 100kW over stock without stronger internals and the bolt on Raptor kit sure as hell wont make it as its nowhere near big or efficient enough to make the kind of boost required.

A supercharged 6cyl Gen1 sounds like one of those project cars dreamed up by someone who has played too much Gran Turismo, even when it is possibly feasible. If you want a gen1 because it is the lightest of the lot, dont. Get an Impreza. Or a Nissan Stagea which are a factory turbo six wagon.

If you have your heart set on a flat six Lib on the cheap, id get an H6 Gen3 Outback, de-lift it (rear top arms, steering column/knuckle, crossmembers) and go from there. Or a stock Gen3 Lib and buy a Lancaster front cut from japan. Much nicer inside, rides better, handles better, more resale.

Hope this helps

thanx marv just thowing and idea out there to see what ppl think and i like what ur saying about a gen4
i do like them and agree 100% with u they will perform better in every way
i guess i just wanted to start a debate thought it might be interesting

jzk25's Photo jzk25 24 Nov 2011

You can buy a H6 Gen 3 Outback for the same money as it would cost to fit the engine out of one to a Gen2 or Gen1.

Adam's Photo Adam 24 Nov 2011

Al, would a gen 3 H6 OBK loom, plug and play to a gen 3 liberty loom?

Marv's Photo Marv 24 Nov 2011

I reckon a de-lifted EZ30 Outback with my 6MT and plated R180 is in my future... or maybe a very lowered SF5 Foz... with an EZ...

jzk25's Photo jzk25 26 Nov 2011

EZ is not a good fit to a forester. Delifted outback is a better idea, they go well with a manual trans, changes the car completely.
You could just buy Miles'.