←  General Discussion

Suby Club

»

honda drivers!

tmh983's Photo tmh983 20 Dec 2011

I have recently found myself in the position of having to use a '99 civic vtec as a daily driver (blew the gearbox up in the outback). Anyway, its wierd, all of a sudden i have found myself driving like a typical honda driver, its like this car is subliminally encouraging me to cut through traffic, tailgate everyone, brake at the very last available millisecond and rev the piss out of the motor at every available opportunity. It just feels natural to drive in this manner in the honda. I just thought i would share this weird phenomenon with everyone.

Morgan's Photo Morgan 20 Dec 2011

Haha

Posted Image

RX25SE's Photo RX25SE 20 Dec 2011

Hahaha

The vtec rubs off.

TSG's Photo TSG 20 Dec 2011

My Honda didn't have VTEC, but I know what you mean lol.

Niko's Photo Niko 20 Dec 2011

Oh man, I have. Ever had a funner car than my eg6 civic. Hondas are the epitome of runabout cars.

ams's Photo ams 20 Dec 2011

This is now the vtec yo thread.

Go.

Imma post some vtec pics for ma homies

fongy8000's Photo fongy8000 20 Dec 2011

Adam's Photo Adam 20 Dec 2011

HAHAHAHAHA

tmh983's Photo tmh983 20 Dec 2011

yeah, i have to say, its an extremely fun car to buz around town in. It handles like a gokart, it has the most responsive engine of probably anything on the cheap side of an m3. Its never gonna win you a traffic light drag, but around town, as long as you work the gearbox its actually pretty quick. I had a newish v8 ute having to work very hard to keep up through a set of round abouts today.

And it even returns 7.5l/100k around town, even if you strap it. amazing.

Hondas are epic cars man, build quality second to none, but yeah, nimble not fast.

AussieTemplar's Photo AussieTemplar 21 Dec 2011

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

12.SLOW's Photo 12.SLOW 21 Dec 2011

used to own 92 civic carbie but :( was ok on petrol and ok speed agree with the race yeah no handle well go kart no had 18's on it lol but looks sick with them but well eng kaboom so no more civic sold it to mate for good price made me money back

AussieTemplar's Photo AussieTemplar 21 Dec 2011

Full stops.

Niko's Photo Niko 21 Dec 2011

Full stops.

Haha.