←  Builds and Projects

Suby Club

»

Bobbyjimmy's family wagon

Shiv's Photo Shiv 28 Dec 2011

lol yeh, I'd attach some hooks and hang the grocery bags there :lol:

Thanks for the explanation, I didn't really know of those bars before.

Scuba-Roo's Photo Scuba-Roo 28 Dec 2011

Posted Image

Posted Image

simon's Photo simon 28 Dec 2011

yeeewww......epic outback B)

MrSober88's Photo MrSober88 28 Dec 2011

I always love to see this thing in the morning........ Though I don't see it anymore with the new start time........ Its good to see the inside of it.... Such a hot car!

Josh 95LIB's Photo Josh 95LIB 29 Dec 2011

Drove along side this through Green Point on the central coast the other day and i can say it sounds about as good as it looks. F**kin' siq outback.

implanted4's Photo implanted4 29 Dec 2011

ahhh.. i spied this thing in fyshwick a week or so back, wasnt sure who owned it. Has the right stance on the street.. all she's missing is a V6 sti driveline and motor... Boost n 6 speed goodness will make this thing perfect.

BTW, those braces that are bolted to the roof... why?

Matt's Photo Matt 29 Dec 2011

The real question is...why not?? :D

Its sort of explained in an earlier post.....and a v7 or built 2.5 would be much betterer than a v6 ;)

bobbyjimmy's Photo bobbyjimmy 30 Dec 2011

First thing, thanks to Mark for putting up the pictures, everyone knows they'd still be waiting if I was going to put pictures up.
Thanks to Matty for the mad feast - even if you did get the plate sized T-Bone...
And twas good to meet Grant and Morgz too.

So good to finally meet Shepp and the family, definently have to drop in and see the
when i head down Canberra

Send a message and we'll slaughter something (or go to Woolies) and try to replicate your meal.
And you might need your guards rolled by then too?..

Send me a message if you want the 3 and/or 5mm spacers and i'll send them up for trial fitting.

FYI, Matt and I tried, but there was no way we could fit a finger between the tire and guard :P

Didn't try hard enough - or you have sausage fingers?
But really, you can't fit a finger between the tyre and guard - you prolly could if i took out the spacer, but then the wheel would hit the inner rear guard - do not want.

And I'm lol'ing at the fact that there's genuinly a kids seat in the back of this beast

I get front and rear strut braces. But whats the one on the roof above the front seats? What's the technical name for that?

There would have been a Dobermann (the one in my avatar) in the backseat too if mum didn't offer to take him.
Not that Digby understands (7 months old) I tell him he's going in the "bounce bounce machine".

Just Roof Bars I think? I've had them for a few years, and they DO make a difference - I can 3 wheel it (sometimes 2 wheel, depending how steep the driveway is) and park and open the doors and tailgate without them "popping" open and having to slam them closed.

lol yeh, I'd attach some hooks and hang the grocery bags there

The front one has Digby's toys hanging from it and I use the rear ones to hang up shirts and dresses (I swear not my dresses...).

ZOMG it has been revealed!! So suvh a nice car though, the little jdm touches is what i like.

And the crazy mofo runs no timing covers

Finally came out to play.

Like I said at your house, not timing belt covers is just another chance for the SOHC to get heaved.

I always love to see this thing in the morning.

You don't even let people in when there's traffic everywhere.

Like the SMS, let us know if the wreckers are no help.

Drove along side this through Green Point on the central coast the other day and i can say it sounds about as good as it looks.

Silver/grey Gen 2? I seen ya.
Does it sound alright? The headers have a few holes in them and am swapping back to stock headers and inter. pipe.

ahhh.. i spied this thing in fyshwick a week or so back, wasnt sure who owned it. Has the right stance on the street.. all she's missing is a V6 sti driveline and motor... Boost n 6 speed goodness will make this thing perfect.

Opposite Barrett Bros Smash prolly, that's work.

And an STi motor (would love 2.5, but doubt the money tree will grow that big) is the plan, just waiting on the headgaskets to go - they are seeping oil and a bit of coolant ATM.

Thanks to everyone else for the comments.

Matt's Photo Matt 30 Dec 2011

First thing, thanks to Mark for putting up the pictures, everyone knows they'd still be waiting if I was going to put pictures up.
Thanks to Matty for the mad feast - even if you did get the plate sized T-Bone...
And twas good to meet Grant and Morgz too.

Send a message and we'll slaughter something (or go to Woolies) and try to replicate your meal.
And you might need your guards rolled by then too?..

Send me a message if you want the 3 and/or 5mm spacers and i'll send them up for trial fitting.

Didn't try hard enough - or you have sausage fingers?
But really, you can't fit a finger between the tyre and guard - you prolly could if i took out the spacer, but then the wheel would hit the inner rear guard - do not want.

No worries Sheppo!! Glad to have you and the family ;) good to finally put a face to the name lol

Will definently drop in fella!! Gonna get these cr kai's treaded and come see you with a slab and get my gaurds rolled and eat copious amounts of food that you speak about :D i think mark may be coming too with his hectic new purchase...gonna be a super canberra gaurd rolling shindig ;)

Message sent about the spacers mate...and longer studs etc

Trust me we tried, there was no way my slender fingers fit between the wheel and gaurd hahaha

Scuba-Roo's Photo Scuba-Roo 30 Dec 2011

i think mark may be coming too with his hectic new purchase...gonna be a super canberra gaurd rolling shindig ;)

:D yeah boi!

Morgan's Photo Morgan 30 Dec 2011

Few I took... Nothing really different to whats already been posted but its such a sexy Outback!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Josh 95LIB's Photo Josh 95LIB 31 Dec 2011

Silver/grey Gen 2? I seen ya.
Does it sound alright? The headers have a few holes in them and am swapping back to stock headers and inter. pipe.

Yeah thats me. Definitely sounded pretty good from where i was. I love how it sits, really love the look of it.

fatdon's Photo fatdon 02 Jan 2012

ooooooh my.... boobyjummy taking the best g3 wag title early in 2012. well done all over.

jakefake's Photo jakefake 02 Jan 2012

Someone please tell me their is a build thread for this!
I LOVE IT

I want to know whats going on in that engine bay :o
thats not just a EJ25 N/A is it?

Also, has anyone ever put an outback front bar on a gen3 lib?

Scuba-Roo's Photo Scuba-Roo 02 Jan 2012

Hi this is the build thread, as it's in the builds section.

Kthanxbye.

Ps, ej25 NA engine.

BigWillieStyles's Photo BigWillieStyles 02 Jan 2012

Question for BobbyJimmy - what offset are the rims? And I see that you have installed the Legacy roof racks. I was wondering if you have found some cross bars that fit these?

jakefake's Photo jakefake 02 Jan 2012

Ps, ej25 NA engine.

Whats done in the engine bay
kthx buddy :D

Matt's Photo Matt 03 Jan 2012

Question for BobbyJimmy - what offset are the rims? And I see that you have installed the Legacy roof racks. I was wondering if you have found some cross bars that fit these?

+35 i believe? 18x9.5, with 15mm spacer up front and a 5mm in the rear....roofracks i dunno ;)

Lots :D

Grant's Photo Grant 03 Jan 2012

Alot. But what I can remember from the top of my head:

Cold-air intake, tein bonnet struts, ARC deflector thingamajig, bigger alloy radiator, catch can, strut brace, lots of stickorz, intake manifold painted black, phenolic spacers, brake master cylinder stopper, lots of other bits modded or moved around, and bigger cams.
Also has 4.44 ratio gearbox with a sweet shifter, and matching diff.

bobbyjimmy's Photo bobbyjimmy 03 Jan 2012

Also, has anyone ever put an outback front bar on a gen3 lib?

It will fit/bolt on - but where the flares on the guards meet the bumper, it flares out to meet them.
Does that make sense? I read that 3 times and it just sounds weird.

And I see that you have installed the Legacy roof racks. I was wondering if you have found some cross bars that fit these?

Same as on Gen 4's and later model Foresters - I don't know if they are the exact same width, but if you got some 2nd hand ones cheap could always chop the bar down. Or go to a roof rack place and they'd be able to make up a set to fit.