#1 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts
  • Interests:Not the internet

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:55 AM

http://forum.liberty...b7160bd#p195344

This is a bloke I worked with's house mate. 151kw on the same dyno my 2ltr was on which made 152kw.. not a bad effort.. not a cheap one either.

lets see how long it lasts!

Stuff goes here

#2 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:37 AM

Wow, it managed to make less power than my B4 pretty much the whole way across the rev range.... :P

#3 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:51 AM

Not a fan to be honest.

Sure now he has a bit of poke. But the car isn't a package - where's the happy yumcha LSDs? Gearbox? Brakes? Handling?

Should have sold it and bought an XR6T or something like that. Go straight in a fast line. kthxbai.

#4 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:02 AM

Kind of cool that he tried it, but surely for the money, you could trade up for a GT and have change left over. And get the bigger brakes, better gearbox and stronger engine that come with it, as well as a clear and easy upgrade path if you decide (realise?) that 151kw isn't really that much.

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#5 TSG

TSG

Cured

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:47 AM

I like that he tried it, 151kw is respectable if you ask me. Especially if it lasts a decent amount of time. I'd prefer to see more people do this with the 3ltr to be honest, but good that he had a go.

#6 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts
  • Interests:Not the internet

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:31 AM

... its making 151kw on 7psi.... 7..... I made the same with a td05 at 16.8psi..

Brakes, he has some stupid big after market ones.. can't recall what.. they made brembo 4pots look small

has coilovers, not sure which

Dudes works in the mining industry, he can afford it. if it pops he will put in something better

Stuff goes here

#7 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:22 AM

Many ways to skin a cat.

Having a scalpel blade triple dipped in 24k gold and encrusted with diamonds before you start is one way I guess.

But in reference to your thread title: YEAH NAH.

#8 fatcat67

fatcat67

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts
  • Interests:I'm too old to remember.

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:45 AM

... its making 151kw on 7psi.... 7..... I made the same with a td05 at 16.8psi..

Brakes, he has some stupid big after market ones.. can't recall what.. they made brembo 4pots look small

has coilovers, not sure which

Dudes works in the mining industry, he can afford it. if it pops he will put in something better

Yes Richo, but at what revs did you make that power. 3500rpm???????
This engine, due to supercharging won't make that until almost redline.
Which would you rather? I know which I'd prefer. Yours.
Come to think of it.........................mines kinda the same :ph34r:
As Tony Montana would say:
In this country, you gotta make the money first.
Then when you get the money, you get the power.
Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

#9 Judgeme

Judgeme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:20 AM

Seems like a good attempt at something different......i would be keen to hear what the car sounds like....

Posted Image

#10 bd-850

bd-850

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:02 AM

i had a Raptor Supercharger on my old VT V6 commonwhore, and it was about 240kw atw at about 7psi, the thing sounded like a 747 jet taking off.

they are a good kit

#11 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:48 PM

woooooow

M800 hurt a lot, but what hurt more was the labour charges. West spent A LOT of time on this car.

Raptor were a bit concerned about the power nosing off at the end, but to drive, it is a lot of fun. Take off from the line is incredible. With the exhaust, it sounds like a demon. Im going to grab my housemate's GoPro and take some vids next week.

THE ONLY PROBLEM is that West couldn't find the CAN address for the tacho and thermostat, but the speedo and fuel guage are working. We might work on it ourselves when I get back from work next week.

Also, I have the Hitachi G8 ECU that came out of the car. Took the cover off and there isn't much there!

that sounds so expensive it hurts.

motec m800 is >$3500k + min $100hr for mech i cringe at the total cost.

props for doing something different, but a tuned twin scroll liberty gt would have better throttle response, torque and power all over the rev range.

MY07 GT spec B

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users