robt

Cock Rockin'

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts
  • Interests:Hairstyles

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:43 PM

Hi guys,
I recently sold my GTB to a fella in QLD and he is having trouble registering it.
The car is registered in Vic. and has been registered for about 9 years. It has a restamped VIN on the chassis not a yellow or green import plate. I have never had any issues with registration. It was imported by a company in Albury/Wadonga.
QLD needs import papers and I don't have them. I have tried calling http://www.infrastru...es/contact.aspx and they need a letter from the new owner with the chassis number and they can asses the situation.
So basically he bought it from me as is. Drove it with my Vic rego and now has problems.
How can I help the new buyer?
Rob

Posted Image

#2 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:50 PM

Dont know how I can help, but the buyer of mine had no issues registering it in QLD. Mine had the yellow import plate though.

OEM+

#3 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:07 PM

QLD needs import papers

Really? That's seems overly tough. Not everyone keeps papers. And if they did, what if they got destroyed in a flood or fire?

I'd of thought a yellow plate would be enough...

Was your car officially registered as a Personally Imported Vehicle? If so, perhaps (if you feel inclined to do so) you could apply for a yellow plate? I can't speak of how the processes are in QLD, but I know in VIC, VicRoads literally sends you the yellow plate in the mail and you have to fix it to your vehicle yourself. Maybe paperwork pertaining to that would satisfy QLD authorities.

Hopefully he can sort it out.

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#4 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:31 PM

Lyndon had a similar problem with a Vic legacy he tried to register in nsw. No green or yellow plate and a HEAP bulls**t to go through to get it passed up here. It's sitting out the front unregistered as its become to much of a pia to pass blue slip...It almost seems impossible

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#5 BigWillieStyles

BigWillieStyles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:54 PM

Its part of the requirements of owning an import that it must carry import papers. He needs to contact DOTARS directly to get an answer on what needs to be done. I recommend giving Kristian (IronChef) on ns.com a pm. He will be able to give you a more direct answer. It might be worth a call to the shop in Wodonga that imported it, they may have a copy of the paper work. I believe Jappo Donks might be the place that imported it which are still running as a halfcut shop.

Really? That's seems overly tough. Not everyone keeps papers. And if they did, what if they got destroyed in a flood or fire?

I'd of thought a yellow plate would be enough...

Was your car officially registered as a Personally Imported Vehicle? If so, perhaps (if you feel inclined to do so) you could apply for a yellow plate? I can't speak of how the processes are in QLD, but I know in VIC, VicRoads literally sends you the yellow plate in the mail and you have to fix it to your vehicle yourself. Maybe paperwork pertaining to that would satisfy QLD authorities.

Its a yellow sticker these days, and its all through DOTARS. The sticker (plate) isnt issued through vicroads but the company that makes the stickers is actually located in Melbourne. You need to have the car both engineered and a yellow stickered before you can even take it to vicroads.

#6 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:14 PM

No paperwork here. No dramas here.

Mine was yellow plated and first registered in 2000.

#7 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:31 PM

If it had a plate it would be no issue. I bought mine from QLD and had it registered in Vic no worries with no papers.

OEM+

#8 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:38 PM

it seems the problem comes up a bit with the older grey imports from VIC??

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#9 robt

robt

Cock Rockin'

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:54 AM

I got onto Vicroads and they are sending paperwork. They will also negotiate with Qld people. Hope that works.

Posted Image

#10 robt

robt

Cock Rockin'

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:14 PM

He got it registered!

Posted Image

#11 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

He got it registered!

Good outcome.

Glad it all worked out

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#12 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:42 PM

Amazing what a few pieces of paper can do ;)

Good result!

IM47Gcv.jpg

#13 robt

robt

Cock Rockin'

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:54 PM

Just needed the Vic rego papers. All done in half an hour.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users