←  Electrical/Electronics

Suby Club

»

Gen 2 liberty amp wiring problem

Nicholass's Photo Nicholass 16 Mar 2012

hey guys, im having trouble finding somewhere to find where to put the amp wire through the firewall, any advice would be great cheers

Adam's Photo Adam 16 Mar 2012

There is a grommet that goes through near the pedals. Forget what else goes through there. That's generally where I see them pit through. No pics sorry.

Nicholass's Photo Nicholass 16 Mar 2012

cheers

Morgan's Photo Morgan 16 Mar 2012

Yep. Any rubber grommet you can find in the drivers/passenger footwell.

Alex's Photo Alex 16 Mar 2012

Crawl under the driver's side dash with your legs up on the seat. Get under there with a torch. You'll see it.

You'll get a sore back too.

Matt's Photo Matt 16 Mar 2012

Crawl under the driver's side dash with your legs up on the seat. Get under there with a torch. You'll see it.

You'll get a sore back too.

Or better yet, take the seat out and lay on the floor ;)

CodeBurn3r's Photo CodeBurn3r 18 Mar 2012

i just went up next to the drip line for the A/C on the pass side, comes out in the footwell for pass side, then runs down L/H side rail and out bottom of B pillar and under passenger seat to amp.. ground to seat rail mounting point..

Scott's Photo Scott 18 Mar 2012

there is one i usually use its on the passenger side, just above the bottom of the dash on the side of the car, its a massive grommit and goes into your fender panel, you can peel your inner guard back and cable tie the wire to the loom that goes back behind the battery

slevo's Photo slevo 20 Mar 2012

go drip line for the A/C, its the easiest, just make sure your amp wireing goes through the grommit, not between grommit and metal firewall, otherwise youll have yourself a nice short circuit before too long when the firewall wears through the plastic coating