5 replies to this topic

#1 tangcla

tangcla

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 05:36 PM

This is a thread I will add to as I document the procedure of utilising a JDM rear glass with wiper. Part one: wiper stalk This should be the easiest of all processes - literally took ten minutes, and five screws. * Undo the one screw which holds the bottom of your steering column plastic down. * Remove the two screws which hold the top of the steering plastic column down. * Remove the two screws which hold the wiper stalk to the steering column. Installation should be the reversal of the above.  

www.tangcla.com - photography

Canon EOS 5D Mark | Canon 1D Mark III
16-35mm f/2.8L |24-70mm f/2.8L
85mm f/1.2L | 100mm f/2.8 macro | 580EX-II | 430EX-II x2 | PocketWizard TT1/TT5

#2 d_generate

d_generate

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 02:23 AM

I've already done this on mine but trying to follow the wires through the V3 harness which is out of the car was just about impossible so I gave up & just wired it to a couple of spare switches on the dash (one for wiper & one for the washer bottle I put in the boot) I've also got the rear wiper stalk with intermittent on front & rear but unfortunately there are no wires going to the back window except for the parcel shelf light which you'll need to replace unless you have one in your spoiler or boot like mine.
Good luck working it out though & obviously you'll need to wire it to a relay, mine's in the boot too.
Cost me $100 for the window with wiper, $120 for removal of both windows & install into my car & $80 for tint.........$300 well spent.

Posted Image
98 Liberty, V3 STI running gear, CAI & 3" TBE, pulled a 13.09 @ 104mph

http://au.youtube.co...h?v=TKrsF-2JS3M
In the dunes^^^^^^^^^^

Posted Image

#3 tangcla

tangcla

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 08:21 AM

Sadly for me, parts aren't as easily availble :( my glass is ex Japan, about $400 including freight. The good thing though, the wiring is all working already. I've tested the pump (the wiring from the wiper stalk to the pump is intact) and the switch works. I had a look in the boot and there's also already a plug for the wiper motor :) So part two, is gathering all the other bits and pieces.

#4 d_generate

d_generate

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 12:23 PM

Are you sure the plug in the boot is for the wiper & not a sub woofer or light?, I didn't even bother putting the stalk in mine, looked too hard on the wiring side of things & I use the second water pump for intercooler sprays. Though it would have been nice to use the stalk I find I never need the wiper when driving, only at the lights or in the morning to clear frost so I just hit the button & i can stop the blade wherever i want, left or right side..........or in the middle for the drags, lol.
98 Liberty, V3 STI running gear, CAI & 3" TBE, pulled a 13.09 @ 104mph

http://au.youtube.co...h?v=TKrsF-2JS3M
In the dunes^^^^^^^^^^

Posted Image

#5 legacy rsk

legacy rsk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 12:46 PM

it is just a wagon wiper stalk just buy in aus

1d3cb771-b699-4175-8507-6d835cbca0d8_zps

#6 tangcla

tangcla

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 12:50 PM

Fairly sure the plug is for the washer. I mean, the pump wiring is there, I tested it and it all works :) and I already have a sub, remember ;) bwahaha :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users