No more Cel Flash On Primery...AIDS IS GONE

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_SubaruJunkie_*

Guest_SubaruJunkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2008 - 05:48 PM

The problem as some of you may know already, ive had the Check Engine light flash everytime i gave my car a boot on primery boost, which if held for long would send the car into limp mode, the code that was always spat out was Differential pressure sensor. well what turn out to be a very big pain was a rather quick fix...the hoses for the differential pressure sensor were around the wrong way and was getting different readings....that was done when i put the car back togather... Talking to subaru and a few good mechanics couldnt work it out so when i got back from my holiday, i sat down a few nights and looked at the hoses diagrams which are a c**t to work out and arent clear, and after a bit of experimenting i hit the nail on the head.....

#2 Kosti

Kosti

George Clooney's evil twin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:54 PM

That's after I told you to check em time after time, and you kept say its right and that you had compared them already!!!!! when will u ever listen and learn Oh and well done now u finally can keep up with Alex :D
I prefer TWINS!

Now anyone up for a friendly game ?

Posted Image

#3 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 08:33 AM

That's after I told you to check em time after time, and you kept say its right and that you had compared them already!!!!!

when will u ever listen and learn

Oh and well done now u finally can keep up with Alex :D

Doubt it, Kon.

Alex's is seriously quick, I think only a koSTI© tune will come close as AUDM B4 < JDM V2 WRX < GTB Legacy.

kthxbye.

Also, Jovi - Didn't you say that you got the idea to check this after seeing that video by 'GREEKY' ?

#4 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 28 October 2008 - 08:49 AM

You really think the JDM GTB Legacy is that fast?

#5 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:01 AM

You really think the JDM GTB Legacy is that fast?

Considering it comes out of the factory at the gentlemen's agreement level of 206kW vs the AUDM B4 at 18x kW , yes - yes I do :)

#6 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:40 AM

Kewl, I wasn't arguing BTW LOL just seeing if you were being serious but yeah 206 Kw Vs the grand 190-192 of the ADM B4 Manual, and 176Kw of the Auto, at least the ADM have the bigger turbo's then those GTB's :P haha

#7 Guest_SubaruJunkie_*

Guest_SubaruJunkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:18 PM

That's after I told you to check em time after time, and you kept say its right and that you had compared them already!!!!!

when will u ever listen and learn

Oh and well done now u finally can keep up with Alex :D

cant keep up with alex....but for the life of me Con i dont remember removing the hoses near the firewall only the ones above the 2ndturbo.....

Doubt it, Kon.

Alex's is seriously quick, I think only a koSTI© tune will come close as AUDM B4 < JDM V2 WRX < GTB Legacy.

kthxbye.

Also, Jovi - Didn't you say that you got the idea to check this after seeing that video by 'GREEKY' ?

No Dylan i tryed greeky's 16psi thing and the intake pressures arent liked by the B4..but that did get me thinking about pressures as the code that she spat out was differential pressure sensor, and i did get one from paul and tryed con's one it was doing it same, so after diagram reading and greeky's dumb input and a bit of brain storming and a monday evening with a cold beer time to play with vaccum hoses.. and sorted it....every 10months rebuild in time has to ahve a few hickups...

ps who ever needs help reading the vaccum hose diagrams i got it pat now for a ADM B4....stupid drawings and all same colour...

#8 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:28 AM

cant keep up with alex....but for the life of me Con i dont remember removing the hoses near the firewall only the ones above the 2ndturbo.....

No Dylan i tryed greeky's 16psi thing and the intake pressures arent liked by the B4..but that did get me thinking about pressures as the code that she spat out was differential pressure sensor, and i did get one from paul and tryed con's one it was doing it same, so after diagram reading and greeky's dumb input and a bit of brain storming and a monday evening with a cold beer time to play with vaccum hoses.. and sorted it....every 10months rebuild in time has to ahve a few hickups...

ps who ever needs help reading the vaccum hose diagrams i got it pat now for a ADM B4....stupid drawings and all same colour...

Ahhh, neat. So was this ALL that was causing that light? Or was there something to do with diff. press. sensor?

#9 Mav

Mav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:14 AM

woot bout time jovi hehe least it wasnt anythin major
current - 2006, Gen 4 - 3.0r - spec b, mods - Cusco Strut Brace, Cusco 23mm Rear Swaybar, Cusco BCS, JDM spec b Grille, 6000k HID Xenons, UltraWhite LED Parkers
former - 2000, Gen 3 - 2.5l RX Liberty, mods - Powerchip Gold 98, Borla extractors, Cat-back sports exhaust, Bilstein Suspension w/ Kings low's, Whiteline X\Heavy duty ADJ rear swaybar, Whiteline front Strut Brace, 6000k HID Xenons.

#10 Guest_SubaruJunkie_*

Guest_SubaruJunkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:34 PM

Ahhh, neat. So was this ALL that was causing that light? Or was there something to do with diff. press. sensor?

that was all that was causing it...small issue but a big pain in the arse...

woot bout time jovi hehe

least it wasnt anythin major

yeah mav im glad wasent no turbos or anything like that

#11 Mav

Mav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 07:51 AM

So taking me for a ride now its fixed man! preferably when its not pissing down with rain eyy haha
current - 2006, Gen 4 - 3.0r - spec b, mods - Cusco Strut Brace, Cusco 23mm Rear Swaybar, Cusco BCS, JDM spec b Grille, 6000k HID Xenons, UltraWhite LED Parkers
former - 2000, Gen 3 - 2.5l RX Liberty, mods - Powerchip Gold 98, Borla extractors, Cat-back sports exhaust, Bilstein Suspension w/ Kings low's, Whiteline X\Heavy duty ADJ rear swaybar, Whiteline front Strut Brace, 6000k HID Xenons.

#12 Guest_Alex_*

Guest_Alex_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2008 - 11:38 AM

good to hear its all sorted jovan :) so no more aids at all?

#13 Guest_SubaruJunkie_*

Guest_SubaruJunkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2008 - 11:40 AM

good to hear its all sorted jovan :)

so no more aids at all?

the interior light is the onlt aids bit, i have to locate the dome out relay and change it...but other wise no engine aids at all... B)

Mav ill take you for a spin sure even in the rain.... :P coz i tested it tuesday night in the rain next to a wrx lol

#14 Pete S

Pete S

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 11:51 AM

Yea the Auto B4's haven't got enough balls to spin off the line in the wet, you're safe Mav

Posted Image

#15 Guest_SubaruJunkie_*

Guest_SubaruJunkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2008 - 11:55 AM

Yea the Auto B4's haven't got enough balls to spin off the line in the wet, you're safe Mav

Posted Image

bhahaha i can cut you back so easy but i will choose not to... :P

#16 Mav

Mav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 12:35 PM

hahaha cheers pete good to know haha it went good when you replaced the bov jov's now the aids are gone gogo boost

#17 Guest_SubaruJunkie_*

Guest_SubaruJunkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2008 - 12:38 PM

hahaha cheers pete good to know haha

it went good when you replaced the bov jov's now the aids are gone gogo boost

it does just hits under 15psi lol :P

#18 Mav

Mav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 01:09 PM

oh awesome. shoulda known you would have taken care of that already haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users