#1 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:25 AM

Just after clarification. I if want to put some STi pink springs into some BG GTB Bilsteins, The rear strut tops need to be changed to suit the STi springs? Thanks.

OEM+

#2 legacy rsk

legacy rsk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 08:44 PM

not if the sti springs are for your model...i cant see subaru selling springs and then saying oh by the way you have to change the strut tops...shane

1d3cb771-b699-4175-8507-6d835cbca0d8_zps

#3 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:38 PM

Mark this is something what I am interested in knowing as well. Rear strut tops between Gen2 wagon and sedan are different too as far as I recall. You will need to know if the springs you have on there are tapered, and if the STI pinks are non-tapered or tapered. You may need to change top hat but you can get some nice wheel alignment set with aftermarket units. Might be good to ask a suspension shop about your current ones and get them to take a look at the STI springs you're looking at? Let me know in any case mate, sorry I can't be of more assistance.

#4 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:29 PM

I went with King in the end as i needed then quick (in a week). Interesting to note, length of the lower spring seat to bottom of strut of the bilsteins is longer than that of the KYB's and afaik, the stock struts. I put the same springs as in the KYB's in the bilsteins and the car sat about 20mm higher.

OEM+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users