←  Electrical/Electronics

Suby Club

»

wiring legacy hid headlights.

Ben_20EJT's Photo Ben_20EJT 09 May 2012

hey guys, ive got my name on a set of legacy HID headlights for the wagon, i think they are plug and play but im not sure, would anyone be able to tell me if they are plug and play or do i need to do some wiring? if i do its nothing to big at all but yer.
car is a gen3 heritage.

cheers
ben.

bd-850's Photo bd-850 09 May 2012

interested aswell, been looking at getting some of the HID headlights...

Morgan's Photo Morgan 09 May 2012

Matt should know - he's had a set or two

Matt should know - he's had a set or two

oh matt...........................????????????????/

Jordan's Photo Jordan 09 May 2012

my guess is that it would just be plug and play as they came stock as HID's, so the ballast (or equivalent) would be inbuilt somewhere, and would just need the positive and negative.

my guess is that it would just be plug and play as they came stock as HID's, so the ballast (or equivalent) would be inbuilt somewhere, and would just need the positive and negative.

thats what im thinking.

simon's Photo simon 09 May 2012

Ive been told that they are not plug & play. i was given a spare set by a mate who tried to fit them to his rx. im sorry im not real sure why or how, he was just so pissed that they didn't fit he didnt want to talk about it haha (this was about a year ago) i will give him a call later & try & find out for you guys.

but im sure there isnt to much to make em fit but....

Ive been told that they are not plug & play. i was given a spare set by a mate who tried to fit them to his rx. im sorry im not real sure why or how, he was just so pissed that they didn't fit he didnt want to talk about it haha (this was about a year ago) i will give him a call later & try & find out for you guys.

but im sure there isnt to much to make em fit but....

cheers, man, that would be a big help.

Scott's Photo Scott 09 May 2012

wiring will have to be changed from what i can remember japs switch the negative wire instead of positive,i think? cant remember but the plug will most probably be different also

Beckers's Photo Beckers 09 May 2012

What about the wiring for the height adjust motor or do you just set it up manually ???

Xon's Photo Xon 09 May 2012

Gen2 JDM projectors use H1 & H3 (or H5 or something?) bulbs, while AUDM glass lights use H4, so the wiring is completely different.
Not relative to gen3, but an example that just because something sounds logical, doesn't mean it's the case.

aekOne's Photo aekOne 09 May 2012

haha knowing subaru i actually would have thought it sounds more logical for it not to be plug and play