←  General Discussion

Suby Club

»

FT86 Impressions

Adam's Photo Adam 22 Jun 2012

So what you're saying is, come to you for Subyclub pricing on 86's? ;)

I definitely like the look of it, apart from the wheels and something on the rear of it. As time goes on, turbo and supercharger kits will be produced for it to fix the lack of power, so I think it'd be great as a (so far) reliable, sporty daily, which could be thrown around on a track on the weekends. Best of all, in the luxury of the 2012/13 interior.

Looks like they are already looking at it for you, Adam

http://www.raptorsc..../kits.php?id=63

Rosey's Photo Rosey 22 Jun 2012

It looks like that however HKS have the jump due to car availability, the other thing is quite a few others are going to try and do something as well, going to be so competitive it would be doubtful if investment could be recovered UNLESS so of them end up pretty exy. If that be the case then it will provide an umbrella for us to sneak in under with a better priced/better performing product.

The whole BRZ boxer thing is doing something else as well, ordinary Subaru people with 4cyl Impreza's are suddenly thinking a whole lot more about supercharging their cars and upon research are finding that Raptor Superchargers is supply the most comprehensive line of SC kits for their cars. They also find we have been doing it a long time, lots of experience and knowledge on the matter

The XV is more interesting to me, no one will bother with it and yet I am already getting a nice stream of enquiry

I will whip down to Toyota on June 30 with a Raptor V under my arm and check this new car out, will look pretty funny

Perhaps one day. An R32 with a nice big turbo will do for a while. ;)

Adam's Photo Adam 22 Jun 2012

The XV is more interesting to me, no one will bother with it and yet I am already getting a nice stream of enquiry

I can understand this, because from what dad has said, it handles awesomely, but feels underpowered! Doubt he would chuck a SC on it though haha.

alexGT's Photo alexGT 22 Jun 2012

drove this on wednesday...

semi-urban environment so was able to open it up (salesman begged me to as he hadn't driven it yet) and it definately meets my expectations. coming from a 200+kw 2.5l wrx it certainly isn't lacking power, and all this BS about no torque is crap, low speed anything above 2000rpm is no problems at all for the car, and if it does feel like its lacking the ratios are close enough to change gears!

handling was great, steering feel was spot on. didn't turn the stability off however did throw it round some corners and roundabouts and body stayed fairly flat and planted (stability indication lighting up all over the place)

for a daily driver the suspension is great, again coming from an 06 wrx it is certainly softer (16" GT model). shift feel is nice, quite to the point and yes the clutch is pretty light (not a bad thing though).

GT model interior is so boring and plain. too many features it is missing that the GTS has and for $39,500 driveaway its too much for what it is, unfortunately space wise is just not enough for me. perhaps in a few years might pick one up for track car when they are cheaper.

track is where this car will shine though. it begs for more power, it feels like it sits in gears for a lifetime!

RX25SE's Photo RX25SE 22 Jun 2012

why did they even bother with a backseat, i dont even think you fit a legless baby in the backPosted Image

They could have made the ISOFIX mounts (baby seat mount) a little less obvious.