Photo

Liberty Gen 1 GX Engine swap/more power?

engine liberty

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mioke

Mioke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:10 PM

Wondering what is the best thing to do right now. i'm wanting more power out of my car and i guess being on my p's restricts me even more. The motor in it was swapped out to a gen 2 ej22 and by looks of it the rocker covers look like they are on the way out. I have no clue why they put a ej22 from a gen 2 in it. my theory is due to the paint difference at the front it was involved in a head on smash ;( Any way i just want to know what is the best thing to do right now? (engine swap, Sell?, fix original motor and just leave it till i finish my p's or anything else) cheers.

#2 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:24 PM

I'd say keep your current car until you're off your P's, then once you can drive a fast car, buy one!

IM47Gcv.jpg

#3 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:32 AM

I'd say keep your current car until you're off your P's, then once you can drive a fast car, buy one!

Troofs.

Don't bother modifying the engine to get more power. You won't. Its been covered alot here before.

Posted Image

#4 crazyrob

crazyrob

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:08 AM

more power.. easy rip out eveything to make it lighter :D done.
or just mod up ur suspension.. and then it will be fun

#5 Cam.

Cam.

OEM+

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,906 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:32 AM

Wondering what is the best thing to do right now. i'm wanting more power out of my car and i guess being on my p's restricts me even more. The motor in it was swapped out to a gen 2 ej22 and by looks of it the rocker covers look like they are on the way out. I have no clue why they put a ej22 from a gen 2 in it. my theory is due to the paint difference at the front it was involved in a head on smash ;( Any way i just want to know what is the best thing to do right now? (engine swap, Sell?, fix original motor and just leave it till i finish my p's or anything else) cheers.

Get the car to a point where it's going to be reliable, Fix the leaks ect ect.

Save a bit of money every week until you are a fully licensed, Sell the liberty, Buy a boosted car with the money you have saved and enjoy. Trust me!

Asb2OgK.jpg?1

#6 vicelore

vicelore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • Interests:Subbies, Dubs, Boost, Beer , Wine , My Two Awesome Girls

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:28 PM

Just Posted Image birds in the back seat.. Most fun you can have in a car anyhows..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: engine, liberty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users