←  Builds and Projects

Suby Club

»

The Mighty Nubaru (Adam's 97 Gen2 Libe...

Barbbachello's Photo Barbbachello 12 May 2013

looks mad. Silver gen 2's ftw haha. Ive always wondered what red door cards would look like. Could never justify doing it incase it looked tacky, but that looks good

The Nubaru's Photo The Nubaru 03 Jun 2013

Cheers. Had the red for a while now, gonna be changing it to blue soon.

Will do a write up if I get a chance.

The Nubaru's Photo The Nubaru 09 Jun 2013

So, it must be time for an update.

Many things have happened since my last one.

1. To put it blunt and plainly...I hit a posty and ruined my front bumper.

Attached File  IMG_20130328_093634.jpg   293.94KB   4 downloads

I was annoyed as, so the search began for another bumper. Thinking it would be the hardest thing to find as I'm in Walcha (a place no one knows about), I found one in Armidale not too far away, but it was red.

The work started on it and took about a month to get it ready for spraying. As my dad is a great all-round handy man, he sprayed it for me, and I couldn't be happier.

Attached File  DSCF0596 compressed.jpg   116.22KB   5 downloads

Attached File  DSCF0601 compressed.jpg   90.44KB   3 downloads

There was a bit a plastic in that square hole, so I cut it out and put some mesh in to finish it off nicely.

2. Next I made my own short shifter (it is actually longer the way I did it). Sorry, no pictures

I was trying to work out how to do my own DIY short shifter, then Dad came up with the idea to make the bottom rod longer instead of re-manufacturing the whole middle shaft.

Worked really well and went from 12cm throw to 7cm. Making it longer was a better idea, as I really don't like those "short" shifters.

3. Just a full clean out of the inside. Stripped out the carpet and gave it a really good wash. Cleaned up an oil spill from the last owners on the right passenger side (don't know how the hell it got there and how I didn't notice it).

4. Last, but not least. The one thing I've been wanting to do for ages.

Install BC BR Coilovers.

Not much has to be said, just take a look.

Attached File  DSCF0613 edit compressed.jpg   130.27KB   4 downloads

Attached File  DSCF0584 edit compressed.jpg   142.94KB   4 downloads

Attached File  DSCF0593 edit compressed.jpg   144.26KB   3 downloads

Attached File  DSCF0599 edit compressed.jpg   142.91KB   3 downloads

Attached File  DSCF0611 edit compressed.jpg   141.36KB   3 downloads

These have been installed the day I did this post, so that's the main reason for doing an update.

As mentioned before, I'll be re-vinyling my inside with blue vinyl (WRX Blue, looks really good). Red was good for a while, but I'm looking for something for subtle.

I'll also be putting on the wheels I got off Adam, and some other work I can't think of right now.

Thanks.

Adam

Morgan's Photo Morgan 09 Jun 2013

Good work on the DIY front bar!

Barbbachello's Photo Barbbachello 09 Jun 2013

Ride height looks bang on! Makes me want to take of my spoiler looks really clean without it

The Nubaru's Photo The Nubaru 09 Jun 2013

Thanks. It's just the right height to get out of my driveway (2km of dirt track and rocks).