#21 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:31 PM

Thanks Alex.

Will definately be getting it done...

Hopefully the paint on the foz isnt to bad for them to do mine...

#22 fatcat67

fatcat67

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts
  • Interests:I'm too old to remember.

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:52 PM

Quote of the week.

Beers on me next time we cross paths.

LOL, just like you, you under qualified sales person. :D
Best of luck with the VW, my brother drove a Polo GTI from Brisbane to Sydney for a mate who bought a 2nd hand one for $27K. Had something like 8000km on it.
He said it drove like a dream.
As Tony Montana would say:
In this country, you gotta make the money first.
Then when you get the money, you get the power.
Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

#23 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:26 PM

Well being that I work in a large dealership, your story comes as no surprise.
To be honest, there isn't much mark up in new cars in many manufacturers. There is a lot of margin in aftermarket care and accessories.

However, I wish I didn't have to tell you this but VW has the largest warranty claims within our dealership.

I know many times Sydney Dealerships selling the car below cost, because they know they'll make money on the accessories, aftermarket and service.

The company I work do all the imports for VW, Audi, Skoda and Hyundai so I know how much each cars comes cost landed before VW mark them up... I can tell you now there is plenty of it there... They are still making plenty of profit...

I was reading over on the vw forums and with all the MY10 Polos they had problems with the DSG and wastegate actuators which they have now rectified (supposibly)...

#24 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:50 PM

Anyone got a shotgun? Need to start rolling heads at the dealership... Despite the car being delivered to the car yard last week, they havent gotten their act together and are only registering it today???

We dont even know if we can pick it up tomorrow??? :dash2:

#25 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:12 PM

i had that BS spun with me, I told them I was copping a cancellation charge for my opticoat of $200 and I was pissed. Manager rang me after hours and changed the date from two weeks ahead to the next tuesday....

MY07 GT spec B

#26 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:41 PM

Get into the dealer and start causing a fuss, ask for a refund and buy one from another dealer. Fork 'em. Dealers suck donkey nuts.

#27 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:24 PM

Will find out in the morning if it can be picked up or not... Will be arranging a meeting with the GM to break some nuts... Free fuel cards I think are on the cards for all this friken drama that should have been sorted a week ago

#28 WALKER

WALKER

SAM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:34 PM

The company I work do all the imports for VW, Audi, Skoda and Hyundai so I know how much each cars comes cost landed before VW mark them up... I can tell you now there is plenty of it there... They are still making plenty of profit...

I was reading over on the vw forums and with all the MY10 Polos they had problems with the DSG and wastegate actuators which they have now rectified (supposibly)...

I did say many manufacturers, not just VW.
To be honest, I know nothing about VW pricing even though that's one of company's dealerships.

Whether VW or the Dealership itself are making the profit is the question.
I know for a fact some manufacturers on some vehicles have $500 difference between drive away price and cost price.

There is a large amount of levies and taxes and other costs associated when selling a new car and I'm not talking about to the customer.

Posted Image

#29 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

Finally heres some pics...

Replaced the long aerial with a stumpy aluminum one

Also got some 20% tints done by Tint Ur Ride @ Fairfield with a voucher off livingsocial.com

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also got some polo alloy side plates off ebay...

Posted Image

#30 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

Tints look good Chris.

Just make sure in a week or so, you go around that rear window edge with a credit card. From that pic, it doesn't look to be sticking to the dot matrix that well.

Cheers,
Shazza

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#31 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

I got them done last week so still a bit fresh... The rear windows had a few air bubbles here n there that will need to be pushed out as well...

Will definitely keep an eye on it...

#32 spinifex

spinifex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:13 AM

From that pic, it doesn't look to be sticking to the dot matrix that well.

Cheers,
Shazza

How the hell can you see that, from that pic? I realise from your name, that it's probably your job.... but even so..... just looks like a dark tint job to me! Your eyesight must be better than most!

#33 MrSober88

MrSober88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:47 PM

How is this thing going? Bit of a thread dig.

I am looking at selling the Mrs Micra to go get a Golf GTi. Would like to know how you are finding the Polo.

#34 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:20 AM

Amazing car to drive for a little 1.2 turbo... can park it anywhere. So smooth with the DSG... It's got enough low down power for when you need it whilst still maintaining its fuel efficiency. Put into manual sports mode ive blown a few commodores off the line...

Weve driven it up and down the coast and the car feels so solid on the road at speed. For such a small car its pretty stable at high speed.

We've only had one problem within the first 6 months, front swaybar link came loose...

Trying to convince the mrs to get a ecu tune to make it a bit more punchy and help fuel economy but she cant justify the cost...

77TSI: 77kW / 175Nm -> 100kW / 220Nm

#35 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:39 PM

Do it on the sly! :)

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#36 MrSober88

MrSober88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:21 PM

Hmm, Well I just put a deposit down on a nice Golf GTi. It was my plan to flash this when I get it =) I just told her about the fuel savings. It's something she wouldn't even pick up.

Golf is a little bigger than the Polo, but hopefully won't have any issues with it as all the ones for the model I am getting have been sorted by the owner.

#37 cameron

cameron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:41 PM

our 2010 golf tsi is an absolute piece of shit. 15K spend on it (under warranty) and its still got issues

Have you put any more thought into squeezing some more power out of the engine. Like strapping on one of those intake fans

#38 Samwise

Samwise

Official official of the official.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,434 posts
  • Interests:Taste so good, make you wanna slap yo' mama.

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:12 PM

Mum's got a MY11 118TSi, it's pretty good. The only issue is it seems to chew tyres...

I like to think of it as borrowing someone's car and driving it better than them.

#39 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:19 PM

Is your mum a female version of Ken Block? This may be the reason Sam...

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#40 Samwise

Samwise

Official official of the official.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,434 posts
  • Interests:Taste so good, make you wanna slap yo' mama.

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:20 PM

No, lol. Complete opposite.
The car is just naturally cambered or something. It's had multiple alignments by a few different places, but nope, the tyres just get inside wear quickly.

I like to think of it as borrowing someone's car and driving it better than them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Polo, VW, German, Turbo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users