• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 04:16 PM

Wow....

Gheyest thread evaaahhh

2nd gayest thread behind this one...

http://www.subyclub....p?showtopic=575

...but i'm interested in where this is heading :)

Ugh i could ramble on for forking days about this stuff.

#4 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 25 November 2008 - 04:32 PM

2nd gayest thread behind this one...

hahaha

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#5 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 04:48 PM

At least my gay thread had a purpose. That being a massif ***** thread. This? Well this is just spam.
TSM

#6 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:24 PM

A H6 conversion is on the cards? Or is this going to be a wanna, gunna, shoulda thread?

OEM+

#7 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:27 PM

Better do it Tristan. Why would you want a H6 conversion over a WRX conversion though?

#8 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:33 PM

P-plate laws y0.....
TSM

#9 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:39 PM

P-plate laws y0.....

Ummmmm... If that's the case, you should be patient and wait to get off your P's and then think about wheter you want to upgrade your car or do a turbo conversion. why spend so much money on a H6 conversion?

Why not spend your money on maintaining a nice reliable p plate friendly car and spending the rest on booze and chicks!

#10 Pete S

Pete S

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:01 PM

Ummmmm... If that's the case, you should be patient and wait to get off your P's and then think about wheter you want to upgrade your car or do a turbo conversion. why spend so much money on a H6 conversion?

Why not spend your money on maintaining a nice reliable p plate friendly car and spending the rest on booze and chicks!

I couldn't agree more. At least make it worth while, H6 conversion would cost a bit and imo the results would be disappointing. Save the money, go out and have some fun. A few years and you'll be able to jump into a turbo or something like that.

Or buy a track car, it'd cost 5-10k to get the H6 in there. You can get a race only FD RX7 for that kinda money. And it'll be quicker.

#11 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:29 PM

Why bother with something that weighs two tonnes in the first place?? :D BAI!
TSM

#12 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 07:00 PM

Far out guys. Constructive criticism might be good, what you're doing Paul is a waste of space, posts and my time (for reading it). It may seem to be easier or cheaper to do a turbo conversion and wait until he is off his P's, but perhaps he feels like going for an NA engine that he can enjoy the benefits of right now, and do something that goes slightly against the grain of what everyone else is doing. Al did a H6 conversion in one of his cars, did you all b*tch to him about what a waste of time and money it was? I think if you do this Tristan it will be a wonderful idea, but you should give us some more infos first!

#13 Pete S

Pete S

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 07:04 PM

Wasn't Al's conversion a H6TT, and pushed something like 350kw on run in tune

#14 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 07:09 PM

Problem is: 10-15k for a H6 conversion + lots of time and effort = What you get is what you got. Wait for a turbo conversion: 10-15k + time and effort = Good modding basis. Much more potentialz. Again as i said before, and this isn't trolling. 10k + 3yrs = sports bike = as much if not more performance than an exotic car. In the same time frame as a turbo car.
TSM

#15 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 07:09 PM

Pete... Yes it was, plus he has his own shop, tools, equipment, parts e.t.c. to work on it at his leisure! Dylan mate, I think I can speak for the majority in saying that we aren't being negative to the idea. We are merely offering suggestion to one of our younger members of what has been researched and discussed by us in the past. Naturally if we had more information, we would be able to write more direct or informative posts.

#16 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 07:11 PM

Wasn't Al's conversion a H6TT, and pushed something like 350kw on run in tune

Nah, not the one I am referring to. Was a green wagon for memory that had H6 NA in it. Neat daily.

Problem is:
10-15k for a H6 conversion + lots of time and effort = What you get is what you got.

Wait for a turbo conversion:
10-15k + time and effort = Good modding basis. Much more potentialz.

Again as i said before, and this isn't trolling.
10k + 3yrs = sports bike = as much if not more performance than an exotic car. In the same time frame as a turbo car.

True, but this may not appeal to all people and people obviously are prepared to spend money on a conversion for say an H6 over turbo's for a number of reasons - it may be that they want to keep it simple.

Tristan - what's the purpose of this and the plans :) ?

Edit: It actually was an EZ30 from '02 Outback.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Dylan, 25 November 2008 - 07:13 PM.
added infoz

#17 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 07:11 PM

Al's build wasnt a H6TT. That was for Az on RSLC, which still isn't finnish. I dare you to try and find out how much it has cost too. Al, did an EZ30d into a Gen2 RX wagon. He left it NA and was pleased witht he performance. But, IIRC he did say its not really on par with a well sorted turbo H4. Dylan, how is converting a car to H6 any more simple than to a H4t? Fuel consumption is similar. Performance is not. Maintinance is similar. Potential is seriously lopsided. The only reason I'd go the H6 is for towing small loads, traveling long distances or for a massive forced inducted HP build.
TSM

#18 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 07:26 PM

the reason i didn't post more details is because no matter what i say i'm going to get bad results/comments... i'm going to do this conversion, so don't try to talk me out of it... i've already had the bank loan put through and have been having conversations with both al and miles... i know people are going to say things like 'why get a loan just to spend it on a shitty/cheap car' just like my dad would if i told him (it'll be a nice surprise for him one day), but i want to do something different from the norm, and go a different rout to turbocharging... not that there isn't an option for the future... they put in the 155kw EZ30D which, while slightly cheaper (to the tune of $3k, due to the need for an after market ECU needed to run an EZ30R), isn't really going to make me as happy as i could be. I'm going EZ30R, the 180-190kw (depending who you talk to) version... with the aftermarket ECU, intake and exhaust mods, al is hopeful of (relatively) big numbers from the NA... i'm also thinking i'll put a turbo 5 speed behind it (i'm not really interested in the massive price hike just for the extra gear in the 6 speed and i don't think i want to sick with the stock box as it's probably due for an overhaul in a few thousand k's anyway), as well as some tuned length headers/extractors, an upgraded fuel pump and it needs a modified STi radiator to fit. oh, and before anyone mentions it, i've left room in the bank loan for a set of new (used) suspension... i'm thinking either STi or some second hand tien coilovers that i can source from cardiff automotive with a 3 month warranty. an i hope to put in stiffer swaybars before i put in the new engine... either very soon or sometime very early next year (i am working quite a bit over christmas, 10 hour days and weekends... so i'll need a car) now i know some people aren't going to have anything nice to say about this... but whatever... at the end of the day, i'll have an engine that should be as fast as a stock rex, if not faster, that sounds like the bollox, has no turbo lag and pulls like dylans mum... (haii dyl) and it will be p plater legal... i've just got to see if my insurance company will still insure me... :P any comments???

2mmwi1w.jpg

#19 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 07:31 PM

Nah thats a fair call. All my previous comments stand, but obviously you have your own reasons. You should have posted that in the first post, instead of letting all the spectulation go on :D.
TSM

#20 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 07:31 PM

Good luck! It will be interesting to see the progress of this build. Make sure you put up heaps of info and pics. What are you going to drive while yours is being deconstructed?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users