• Please log in to reply
375 replies to this topic

#1 MrSober88

MrSober88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:19 PM

Realized I should really bring the first post up to date, Not much has really been done other than the conversion itself.

Engine:
1999 GC8 WRX EJ205
IHI VF34 Turbo
Stainless UEL Headers
52mm Alloy Rad (I want to change this out for something smaller and less shit)
DW65c Fuel Pump 

Driveline:
Stock GC8 WRX Gearbox & Rear Diff
HEL Braided Clutch Line

Brakes: 
Stock GC8 4Pots up front (Still looking for some rear 2Pots)

Suspension/Handling:
BC Coilovers
Whiteline ALK
Whiteline Bump Steer Correction Kit
Whiteline Adjustable HD Rear Links

Wheels/Tyres:
Stock GC8 WRX Alloys

Interior:
Nearly complete Liberty B4 interior (Most of it except for the dash surrounds)
Custom Redline Goods Gearboot, Console lid & handbrake boot
All Interior light in White LEDs
JVC KW-AV70BT DVD Headunit

Exterior: 
RSK Front bar

Mods to Come:
Z32 AFM
Apexi PowerFC
Apexi AVC-R
STI TMIC
Tune
Maybe a 3inch exhaust turbo to diff and keep the diff back 2.5inch

My new seats when they turned up
418202_10150994312997880_2082054341_n.jp

Here is what she is looking like now.

20121014_154827.jpg
20121014_154726.jpg
20121014_154649.jpg
20121014_154633.jpg
20121014_154625.jpg
425017_10150925731182880_536892438_n-1.j

My New headunit after the old JVC unit blew up, Its a JVC KW-AV70BT

20121014_154757.jpg
20121014_154705.jpg
20121014_154643.jpg

#2 motoboy

motoboy

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:25 PM

good work keep the mods coming ps i love the scuff plates where did u get them?

#3 jack_keaka

jack_keaka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:I was saying "boo-urns"

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:41 PM

nice mate. got the same scuff plates in mine. Import Monster too?

#4 AussieTemplar

AussieTemplar

BMW driver on a Subaru forum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:08 PM

love it!

EHUf263.jpg?3

Get out of my thread.

#5 MrSober88

MrSober88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:39 AM

The scuff plates I managed to get from someone on this forum.

I'm looking at getting rid of the wood grain, Is it possible to paint in some way or would I be better off trying to source a B4 one or I do really like what the S401 has. After finding out about the S401 I really wanna do something with the gear boot leather and knob but think the black with red stitching would look odd with the black and blue seats.

#6 jack_keaka

jack_keaka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:58 AM

The wood grain you can do anything to. Vinyl wrap or paint.
As for the gear boot I've just ordered a custom one from redline goods. Was $120 for custom boot and center console. But leather cheaper from memory. They let you pick material/stitch type/stitch colour.

#7 bigboyscottyb

bigboyscottyb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:13 PM

like it, with the wood grain just get yourself a can of plasti dip... this stuff is the bomb i bought some and went over my wood grain, matt black perfectly matches the other black plastics... adn if you stuff up you peel it off...

#8 MrSober88

MrSober88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:22 PM

The wood grain you can do anything to. Vinyl wrap or paint.
As for the gear boot I've just ordered a custom one from redline goods. Was $120 for custom boot and center console. But leather cheaper from memory. They let you pick material/stitch type/stitch colour.

Will have to have a look at them, very interested to get black leather with dark blue stitching for the gear boot, knob, centre console and handbrake

like it, with the wood grain just get yourself a can of plasti dip... this stuff is the bomb i bought some and went over my wood grain, matt black perfectly matches the other black plastics... adn if you stuff up you peel it off...

Have heard a few people talk about the plasti dip, think I may try this first as it seems it will be hard to source the one from the S401

#9 jack_keaka

jack_keaka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:48 PM

Have heard a few people talk about the plasti dip, think I may try this first as it seems it will be hard to source the one from the S401

finding parts from the S401 or S400 would be damn near impossible as there was only 400 of each made. i have also seen rumours that you need proof of ownership to order parts. you may get lucky and find replica parts.

#10 MrSober88

MrSober88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

I have been looking at that redline goods place, Think I will get the boots from there.

Now to decide how I want it too look, thinking getting black leather with dark blue piping.

#11 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:58 AM

Some 401 parts can be had direct from subaru without ownership. Some aren't made anymore (even though you could buy them without proof of ownership), and some of the more specific parts can't be had without proof of ownership (Japanese rego papers in your name and proof that you have owned the car for 12 months, plus another quirk that I can't remember)

The STi 401 sill scuff panels cannot be got anymore as they are no longer made, the scoop and front bumper (replicas) can be got from K2 gear in Japan for pretty steep prices. Looking at ~500 landed for the scoop, and ~1000 landed for the bumper - without paint.
Most parts on import monster are from wrecks/part outs.
The engine cover can be had without proof of ownership, but only without the STi sticker designating model number etc.

I did some pretty solid research into this a while back. I have a proper S401 brochure sitting at home listing a lot of the differences, as well as all the badges that weren't numbered.

They had a specific ECU tune as well as a lot of nice added benefits. Specific seats, matt black dash, black leather trim, embriodered seats, red stitching, 6 speed, defi style dash the same as the ADM B4's, but with the 10k STi labelled tacho. Numerous other bits and pieces.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#12 MrSober88

MrSober88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

Some 401 parts can be had direct from subaru without ownership. Some aren't made anymore (even though you could buy them without proof of ownership), and some of the more specific parts can't be had without proof of ownership (Japanese rego papers in your name and proof that you have owned the car for 12 months, plus another quirk that I can't remember)

The STi 401 sill scuff panels cannot be got anymore as they are no longer made, the scoop and front bumper (replicas) can be got from K2 gear in Japan for pretty steep prices. Looking at ~500 landed for the scoop, and ~1000 landed for the bumper - without paint.
Most parts on import monster are from wrecks/part outs.
The engine cover can be had without proof of ownership, but only without the STi sticker designating model number etc.

I did some pretty solid research into this a while back. I have a proper S401 brochure sitting at home listing a lot of the differences, as well as all the badges that weren't numbered.

They had a specific ECU tune as well as a lot of nice added benefits. Specific seats, matt black dash, black leather trim, embriodered seats, red stitching, 6 speed, defi style dash the same as the ADM B4's, but with the 10k STi labelled tacho. Numerous other bits and pieces.

I really wish we got some over here, I really like the over all package if the S401. Which is proberly why I am drawn to the STi Tuned GT's.

I was looking into some vinyl for the dash parts. Found a texture like this below, thought it might go better than the silver the B4's came with.

Anyone have any luck with vinyl wrapping interior plastics?

Posted Image

#13 nickknack

nickknack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:21 PM

Looks quite similar to the B4 plastics from the photo

#14 jack_keaka

jack_keaka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:28 PM

looks very similar to the B4 silver. not my taste imo. many have wrapped the dash bits. come up not bad. still better painted. but i guess anything is better than that fake woodgrain - what were they thinking? I'm going to plasti-dip mine blaaaaaack

#15 BigWillieStyles

BigWillieStyles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:24 AM

I quite like the CF vinyl wrap some other members have done to the dash bits but wouldnt be confident to do it without a spare set :)

#16 MrSober88

MrSober88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:27 AM

I like the B4 one, just don't think silver really suits. Was thinking blue would match with the rest of the interior.

But I don't think I am confident to vinyl wrap it, and looking at plasti-dip they only had a bright blue.

#17 nickknack

nickknack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:08 AM

I reckon black would fit in much better than the blue

#18 jack_keaka

jack_keaka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:19 AM

I would love to see what a dark blue would look like

#19 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:31 PM

Thats a brushed aluminium vinyl wrap.

I can get it.

Cars looking good mate!

Cheers,
Shazza

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#20 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:45 AM

You can get the same thing as the B4 look, but in black rather than silver - genuine parts in japan, no wraps. Have a look through import monster. If you want it looking identical as the 401, just wrap it in flat black vinyl. Getting a genuine 401 surround will be almost impossible. See pic.

Posted Image

Sorry for the bad quality pic, was taken with my phone. Doesnt show the brushed look very well unfortunately.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users