5 replies to this topic

#1 Evil_VZ-T

Evil_VZ-T

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

Hey guys,

I normally follow the crowd and go against buying the Used car dealer warrenty as its not worth the paper its written on.

Anyhow, My sister bought a 2001 Toyota Echo last year and of course, she bought 2 years warrenty for an extra fee. 1 year Later well yesterday, she called me saying he car wont start. Fuel - yes, spark - yes.

Compression 25-40-60-30... FAIL

Now im just wondering should we try and get this under warrenty? Or has anyone ever claimed and got their car fixed?

MY02 Liberty B4

#2 Cam.

Cam.

OEM+

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,906 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:28 PM

1.3 or 1.5?

If it's harrier warranty (Most Toyota dealerships use this) and if she has serviced it with the dealership on time, They will most likely fix the car with a small mark up on the price of parts and cheaper labour.

I don't know much about other dealer warrantys.

Saying that though, If the engine is stuffed. Echo and Yaris engines are cheap and plentiful, If you want to go down the replacement road. (I would)

Asb2OgK.jpg?1

#3 fatcat67

fatcat67

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts
  • Interests:I'm too old to remember.

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:11 PM

Not worth the guts ache Lance.
You could replace that for you sister in a day and a motor would be cheap to buy.
As Tony Montana would say:
In this country, you gotta make the money first.
Then when you get the money, you get the power.
Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

#4 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:29 PM

Depends on the warranty company. Who are they?

As mentioned, they are usually very difficult to deal with. The servicing requirements are over the top and any claims generally work by the repairer having to claim back from the warranty company.
The repairers hate this process as the warranty company do their best to delay payment or even find reason to avoid it. I've come across many repairers who refuse to repair vehicles under certain warranty companies.

If her warranty is with one of the mostly dodgy companies, I'd be telling your sister to cut her losses with the warranty. Source some cheap parts and do the work yourself.
At least then you will know that corners haven't been cut.

#5 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:08 PM

Depends on the terms and conditions Lance.

If the warranty requirement was that she have it serviced with them and on time, but she didn't - then she can kiss the warranty good bye.

My only advise is that if they do agree to carry out repairs under warranty, get them to give you a date it can all be done by in writing. From personal experience, I can tell you that they may drag out the process a hell of a long time most likely to make you give up and get it sorted yourself.

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#6 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:10 PM

I took advantage of the warranty with my Outback. It was just the standard dealer warranty from Orange and I wasn't about to drive out there with a dud coil pack so I gave them the number for my local Subaru dealer and they sorted it out between themselves. A few days later, it was all fixed :)

This was only a fortnight after I bought it though - not 12 months!

IM47Gcv.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users