←  Builds and Projects

Suby Club

»

Gen 3 RX 2.5 to B4

Monster's Photo Monster 20 Feb 2013

Well its finally happen. After finding the perfect engine with only 102000km on her and looked like it been serviced every 3000km. Over 1 weekend we took the old 300,000km 2.5 out and replaced it with the B4 Legacy engine. :yahoo: We ran into a few problems like exhuast not matching up (B4 front cut exhuast was chopped off by 30cm), (fixed the exhuast with a 3 inch straight through) then the loom wasnt allowing few things to not work...so got all the B4 loom and threw it in...got the car to turn on and work. We still have a few problems like the climate control unit doesnt work with the B4 loom, Dome lights dont work, the odometer keeps resetting its self, as well as finding a B4 bonnet scoop that will fit onto a Gen 3 RX liberty.....Big thanks goes to Motorboy who did a large amount of the work and also Ben at Ichiban Imports.

Guest_KONG_* 20 Feb 2013

Congrats & good luck with the minor stuff.

Wish my Odo would reset itself.

Jovi's Photo Jovi 20 Feb 2013

dash wiring is different from import to adm that goes for the climate plug 4 wire and 5 wire

yea...means plenty of nights going through import monster to see if they have one.....suppose a Australian B4 climate control wouldnt work then aye?

aekOne's Photo aekOne 20 Feb 2013

Well done man! Need more pics :)

well after talking to Subaru Aus which were going to charge me $2300 for that one item, an hour search on import monster and find one...total cost to get it over here.....$150 :yahoo:

Liberty's Photo Liberty 20 Feb 2013

Posted Image'ing score!

AB501UT!0N's Photo AB501UT!0N 21 Feb 2013

Well done on doing the conversion and I hope that the rest of project goes to plan and can you post up some pics of the car and setup?

Monster's Photo Monster 14 Apr 2013

So this is the new bonnet and the new bumper that I got painted and put on. Must say it defiantly looks sick!
Also took a photo of the exhaust its a 3 inch straight through.

More photos to come of when the tint goes on this week :)

Monster's Photo Monster 14 Apr 2013

yes I am aware of the spelling :dash2:

jack_keaka's Photo jack_keaka 14 Apr 2013

yes I am aware of the spelling :dash2:

just pretend its onomatopoeia...

glenisanutter's Photo glenisanutter 14 Apr 2013

nice work B4s rock...can i have your old 2.5?

Monster's Photo Monster 15 Apr 2013

nice work B4s rock...can i have your old 2.5?

already sold it mate....you wouldn't want it anyway man, had over 300,000km on it and blow head gasket

simon's Photo simon 15 Apr 2013

nice bro, looking forward to seeing this in the flesh.

Monster's Photo Monster 15 Apr 2013

well if ya still in the heads then I am sure the next time ya come into town ya will see it.

Monster's Photo Monster 28 Apr 2013

so after some talks with a few mates over tint I decided to go with 18% tint.

We then decided to get a few of us together and take some pics

should of had the cars closer together and more zoom