←  Anything Goes

Suby Club

»

Buying Snowboards/Skis Online & Which...

FR34KO's Photo FR34KO 26 Feb 2013

This goes out to all the awesome snowboarders and skiers on the site!

I am currently on the hunt for a new snowboard for this season as the one I have is a couple years old and it's kinda a plank haha. Great board all the same, but too long and actually, not as flexi as I would like. It's a Burton Un-Inc. perhaps the 09 or 10 model; not too sure..

So, I was hoping to get some opinions on which board to get!

And at the same time, this can help out others who may be buying!

Really eyeing off the Lib Tech Skate Banana.
But I'd really like to know peoples thoughts!

I also plan to buy online at a site called "dogfunk" or maybe a similar one. Right now (And I don't know for how much longer) they have a 20% off sale. Now they're already cheap, so this is even better. The Skate Banana is going for $392 for the 2013 model; plus postage which I believe is about $120.

So guys, chip in with your favourite boards, favourite brands, online shopping sites, and go for it if you have questions about sizings/bindings/boots/outerwear also.

Cheers guys andddd
Happy Shredding! :D

Posted Image

aekOne's Photo aekOne 26 Feb 2013

Hmm..

Adam's Photo Adam 26 Feb 2013

Dogfunk will ship to aus? Or parcel forwarer?

Ah yes, dogfunk only ships certain brands to AUS. I believe it's outlined somewhere on the site, but a quick search before and I came up fruitless.

I've been told by a mate who bought from them last year that Burton stuff isn't shipped to AUS straight from dogfunk, but as you say, I'm sure some other courier could if dogfunk ships it to them?

Hmm..

lol? Unsure what you're thinking :)

Adam's Photo Adam 26 Feb 2013

I've bought from them through a forwarder before!

Was considering a helmet

Yes of course, I need a new helmet too! Mine's much too small haha

simon's Photo simon 26 Feb 2013

Dogfunk dont send much stuff overseas now.......which sucks balls

aekOne's Photo aekOne 26 Feb 2013

lol? Unsure what you're thinking :)

not good things. working in the "action sports" industry i hate seeing things like this.

glenisanutter's Photo glenisanutter 27 Feb 2013

heaps of places dont ship top brands out of US decice what you want first then search for it. or if you know someone in US ship to them then forward to here or use a forwarding agent but some site wont ship to them either!
i have a skate banana fun to ride but not to stable at high speed on hard pack. only average in deep pow. Its a park board i prefer an all mountain but depends what riding you do!

FR34KO's Photo FR34KO 28 Feb 2013

not good things. working in the "action sports" industry i hate seeing things like this.

Perhaps we make this a discussion solely on which board to buy, then. :)

heaps of places dont ship top brands out of US decice what you want first then search for it. or if you know someone in US ship to them then forward to here or use a forwarding agent but some site wont ship to them either!
i have a skate banana fun to ride but not to stable at high speed on hard pack. only average in deep pow. Its a park board i prefer an all mountain but depends what riding you do!

Ha. That's rich; not sending to a forwarding agent...

I definitely want a good all mountain board. I love the park, and I love going down fast on a groomed run. And I plan to go to Japan or Canada at the end of this year, there's the POW.

What would you recommend as a better alternative to the SB to cover all the mountain, but is still flexy?

glenisanutter's Photo glenisanutter 28 Feb 2013

Couldnt say go to your local store and talk to someone in the Know

FR34KO's Photo FR34KO 28 Feb 2013

No local store near me, closest is in Rockdale, do like that store though.

But the thing is, they are salesmen! ..But I will at some stage.

Mitch.'s Photo Mitch. 28 Feb 2013

I cant remember who i went through, but i had a store presonally ship it out my board and bindings because union wouldnt ship my bindings out.

Ccs.com also do some snow stuff

Mitch.'s Photo Mitch. 28 Feb 2013

I definitely want a good all mountain board. I love the park, and I love going down fast on a groomed run. And I plan to go to Japan or Canada at the end of this year, there's the POW.

Never summer EVO? My mate runs one and he loves it. Spends most of the day using it in the park but still holds up in the pow.

FR34KO's Photo FR34KO 22 Apr 2013

That Never summer EVO sounds good.