←  Builds and Projects

Suby Club

»

94 legacy bg5 GT wagon build

simon's Photo simon 21 Mar 2013

Welcome mate I like the progress so far. I will be keeping an eye on this 1 for sure :)

misfit's Photo misfit 23 Mar 2013

some more toys arrived this week.

Rear Calipers with mounting brackets:
Attached File  IMG_7263.JPG   160KB   2 downloads

Rear disc's and pads ( RDA Brand ):
Attached File  IMG_7264.JPG   122.09KB   4 downloads

Samco Silicon Hoses:
Attached File  IMG_7265.JPG   145.15KB   1 downloads

Now i just have to find some time to fit them :)

FMIC:
Attached File  IMG_7267.JPG   147.34KB   1 downloads

VAREX S/S Exhaust:
Attached File  IMG_7266.JPG   139KB   1 downloads

And last ( but not least )

Custom Intake Manifold ( still a work in progress ) :
Attached File  IMG_7268.JPG   140.53KB   1 downloads

Cam.'s Photo Cam. 23 Mar 2013

Good stuff dude!

misfit's Photo misfit 24 Mar 2013

Good stuff dude!

Hey thanks Cam,

I started sussing out how i was going to fit my Front Mount Intercooler, and realised i would need to move some stuff in the engine bay, but as always, it ended up being more involved than i thought.

First thing i had to move was the Coolant Overflow Bottle, because it was mounted on the radiator , it was in the way of where my intercooler piping was going to go.

I was going to try to reposition the OEM Coolant bottle but because of its size, there was no where it would fit ( or at least anywhere i could fit it and make it still look OEM ) so i started searchin for a replacement.

There were so many metal overflow bottle on E-gay but i didnt want that " Poxy" look and wanted everything to still look OEM.

After looking through the interweb, i found a " In Guard " coolant overflow bottle and decided this was the go.

I went and picked 1 up from the wreckers and it fitted perfectly, i didnt even have to drill any holes to fit it, but the downside was that the coolant bottle fitted exactly were the OEM Boost Control Solenoid was so this meant more stuffing around.

I ended up making a bracket and moving the BCS to inside the engine bay ( next to the filler neck for the new overflow bottle ).

It looked WAY better than i expected and now i had enough space for the FMIC piping ( and i didnt have to chop any wires )

In the end it took way longer than i expected but i was more than happy with the results ( although im getting a new bracket laser cut as this 1 looks a bit ghetto )

Anyway, here's a pic of the finished result :
Attached File  IMG_7269.JPG   150.26KB   2 downloads

Adam's Photo Adam 24 Mar 2013

Nice! What's it off?

misfit's Photo misfit 24 Mar 2013

Nice! What's it off?

Hey Adam,

GC series wrx

Adam's Photo Adam 25 Mar 2013

Nice one! I look forward to seeing your fmic setup!

I too have plans for one, but if I ever do it, is another matter! I want to keep the stock airbox if I do it, and I think it may just squeeze in there!

misfit's Photo misfit 25 Mar 2013

Nice one! I look forward to seeing your fmic setup!

I too have plans for one, but if I ever do it, is another matter! I want to keep the stock airbox if I do it, and I think it may just squeeze in there!

Yeah im keeping the standard air box aswell ( well initially anyway, might go to in guard pod later if i get bored )

It is a tight squeeze to get the piping around the airbox , but with the right sized piping its doable.

i got a mounting bracket laser cut today so hopefully will have some pics up 4 u soon

Adam's Photo Adam 25 Mar 2013

Sweeeeet! Do you have abs?

misfit's Photo misfit 25 Mar 2013

yeah mate,

i thought they all did

Bumpty's Photo Bumpty 18 Dec 2013

Keen to know how this wagon has gotten on!