• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cameron

cameron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:09 PM

Ok so people keep asking me WTF are you talking about with the 3inch MSR mod. I take no credit for this. It has been designed my Michael South to have a free flowing 3inch exhaust that is stock quiet.

Basicly you start with a standard STI muffler. Piping size is about 2.25-2.5inches.

24vurrr.jpg

You then cut off the piping where it meets the muffler.

2upvcsz.jpg

Then cut a 3inch hole around the inlet.

2dayqdu.jpg

Then weld a piece of 3inch pipe 20mm away from the baffle wall and so some is sticking out of the rear of the muffler.

xnra0j.jpg

2j35x10.jpg

Then weld on you 3inch piping to suit your car.

2626vqw.jpg

This sounds like a stock exhaust but has the free flowing capabilities as a regular 3inch muffler. It is tried and tested to have minimal if any power loss. The car this one came off was making 220kw. I cant find and dyno sheets to show this though. Ill add a sound clip when the weather clears up.

Now your probably thinking whats the difference between an STI muffler and WRX muffler. Well the internals and baffles are totlly different.

STI

24gu77p.jpg

WRX

30bmc7a.jpg

STI has much larger free flowing baffles compared to the WRX

Have you put any more thought into squeezing some more power out of the engine. Like strapping on one of those intake fans

#2 natho

natho

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 12:27 AM

thread bump...

did you ever find those dyno sheets?

i contacted Michael about this, he said he wouldn't recommend it for a car making 200kw at the wheels.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users