#1 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 06 January 2009 - 06:23 PM

Just wondering......... Does everyone just default to the Walbro GSS342 when upgrading or have some of you used alternatives. I like the look of the Bosch pumps but do they have one that will fit? I am assuming so. Give me ideas Ladies!!!!!

#2 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:12 PM

Walbro do a Direct fit pump. F*cked if I can remember the part number though. Why are you looking at a new pump? Is your current one not up to the task? If so, who do you know?
TSM

#3 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:52 AM

Walbro do a Direct fit pump.
F*cked if I can remember the part number though.

Why are you looking at a new pump?
Is your current one not up to the task?

If so, who do you know?

Not quiet a direct fit, you need to alter the housing that the pump sits in for it to fit, requires dremeling etc, and you also need to use the original filter bag as the one that comes with the GSS342 is on a diff angle to that of the original B4 one.
Old pump is becoming lazy, I don't think its far from being on its way out, small price to pay for peice of mind, really don't feel like being away from civilisation and having the fuel pump die on me.

What do you mean by "who do you know?"....... I know lots of people :P

#4 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:02 PM

*how do you know. Its an expensive assumption :P. I'm fairly sure I've read something about Walbro having a direct replacement part.
TSM

#5 d_generate

d_generate

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:16 PM

My GSS342 dropped straight in with no wiring mods, you just need to use your old pick up sock.

http://cgi.ebay.com....1QQcmdZViewItem
98 Liberty, V3 STI running gear, CAI & 3" TBE, pulled a 13.09 @ 104mph

http://au.youtube.co...h?v=TKrsF-2JS3M
In the dunes^^^^^^^^^^

Posted Image

#6 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:13 PM

My GSS342 dropped straight in with no wiring mods, you just need to use your old pick up sock.

http://cgi.ebay.com....1QQcmdZViewItem

The wiring should be the same etc, but from what Kosti and others have mentioned the pump unit is longer and requires you to modify the housing, grinding bits down etc, not something I really want to do if I can get away with it.
I have heard that the earlier models Gen 1 and perhaps Gen 2 will take the pump with no grinding or banging or anything :D wish the Gen 3 was the same.

#7 Jeff

Jeff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:Lee

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:49 PM

You can get a bosch pump in there and I'm almost certain that they do a replacement type........almost is it bosch 040 ??? hmmm i can't remember but now that i finally have the net back. I'll look it up

Just Married

#8 DRIVER

DRIVER

Trusted Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:42 PM

i can find out if there is a bosch or something else direct fit into the B4 from bebco of AFI tomorrow and get part numbers
Posted Image
I dont give a f*ck how fast it is....there's no joy in threatening people.

#9 Jeff

Jeff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:Lee

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:45 PM

ok ppl, I couldnt find info on a direct replacement bosch pump, but I'm still almost certain that there is one.

I did find some technical data on the Bosch pumps and with it you could probably work out which one will fit. If i still had my old fuel pump i could work it out myself, but I threw it out when we moved so i don't have it anymore. If someone with a spare walbro GSS342 or factory fuel pump could take some messurements you could work it out.

Heres a pic of the data i found.

Posted Image

Just Married

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users