Photo

SOCCER THREAD

Soccer proper football no diving Back of the net GOAL!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
900 replies to this topic

#21 argi

argi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • Interests:whatever has wheels and an engine!

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:27 AM

Australia lost from Brazil 3-0.friendly game!LOL

#22 Brett

Brett

Freshly Squeezed Beer Juice.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,547 posts
  • Interests:Neatly organised sock drawers, Giving Zero Phux.

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:11 AM

Not entirely shocking.

Sig worthy.

#23 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:17 PM

It could've DEFINITELY been a lot worse... I still think they performed pretty well to just let three in to be honest. Brazil are an amazing squad and are getting back into the way they used to be; winning everything and having players that outperform anyone else. Neymar is an absolute machine to say the least. I can't wait until the World Cup starts!

P.S: The score was 6-0, not 3-0...

In that case, they were pretty much thrashed. But in saying that, you're comparing Australia against a country that has soccer imbedded in their lives and runs through their veins.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#24 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:28 PM

EVERTON

#25 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:32 AM

Why Liverpool?

because Craig Johnston was a bloody legend and pioneer for Australian football!

my old man used to talk about him when i was a kid. My first vivid memory of watching football on TV was the 86 FA Cup Final (against Everton who are ya?) with Craig getting the second goal. That always stuck with me and i've been a reds fan ever since. i also remember after Hillsborough happened and that making me feel that this was club/community that i wanted to support. I'm an l.f.c international "season pass" holder and hope to get to a game at Anfield one of these days.

i'm also a massive Sydney FC fan. i was a season pass holder for their first 4 seasons until i moved to the beaches and the commute got a bit far to get to every game (now i get to watch Manly United in the state premier league). Their first grand final wins was one of the greats games (and the drunkest) i've been to. Before the A-League i was a supporter and season pass holder for the Northern Spirit in the NSL. North Sydney stadium was a great suburban ground to go to and was perfect for the 2000 or so of us who'd turn up for games. 

i spent 6 weeks in Germany for the 2006 World Cup and got to see 8 games including the Australia v Italy in K-Town which was probably the best sport experience i've every had despite us losing. Also got to see Czech Republic (they were ranked 4th in the world then), Japan, USA, Ghana, Ukraine & Germany play. Seeing Del Piero score against Germany was crazy and there's no way in hell that i could ever have imagined that he'd end up at S.F.C. I also went to the confederations cup in Germany in 2005. While I was there i got lucky enough to get tickets to see Bayern play a German allstars at the opening of the Allianz Arena and TSV 1860 play Bayern at the old Olympic Stadium to mark their move to the Allianz (i got tickets to that for free with tickets we bought to an And1 streetball contest that was on that same day which seems kinda weird).

Me getting ready for Australia v Uruguay 2005

197585_5122390403_2241_n.jpg

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#26 Brett

Brett

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,547 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:10 AM

Yes i definitely regard craig Johnston as a pioneer for aussie footballers playing overseas in the big leagues. Im pretty sure every kid in our club had his name on the back of their jersey, even if it wasnt an LFC strip.

I woukd have loved to been in Germany for 2006. We were there in 2004 and they were really gearing up for it even that far out. There was this massive football sculpture in the town square in Liepzig! Everyone just seemed massively excited to be hosting the world.

Just so everyone is aware i dont have anything against liverpool. I was only asking why Ash supported them, because i like to hear how it is that people support the club that they do. Yours is a great story Aek.

@nik - do you actuallt know anything about Everton? Other than Jez supports them?

Sig worthy.

#27 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:18 AM

Hi,

Royal Blue.

Cahill.

I think Roberto is hilarious! 

But yes, the reason I go for them is Jezza.

Cheers,

Nik

#28 Brett

Brett

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,547 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:26 AM

Google? Hahahaha

Do you know where Everton is?

Sig worthy.

#29 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:28 AM

Hi,

Not Google. If you just want to be mean to me, have at it. Jeremy introduced me to Everton, and I've taken an interest ever since.

Why to you go for Stoke City?

Cheers,

Nik

#30 Brett

Brett

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,547 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:45 AM

Read the thread. Ive explained it earlier.

Im not being mean to you ( do you need a cuddle), its just that youve made it clear that you think soccer is a boring game for poofs. So i find it difficult to understand someone with that view "following" a club.

Sig worthy.

#31 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:23 AM

Boring, I never said gay!

#32 Brett

Brett

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,547 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:25 AM

Still.

Sig worthy.

#33 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:54 PM

because Craig Johnston was a bloody legend and pioneer for Australian football!

my old man used to talk about him when i was a kid. My first vivid memory of watching football on TV was the 86 FA Cup Final (against Everton who are ya?) with Craig getting the second goal. That always stuck with me and i've been a reds fan ever since. i also remember after Hillsborough happened and that making me feel that this was club/community that i wanted to support. I'm an l.f.c international "season pass" holder and hope to get to a game at Anfield one of these days.

i'm also a massive Sydney FC fan. i was a season pass holder for their first 4 seasons until i moved to the beaches and the commute got a bit far to get to every game (now i get to watch Manly United in the state premier league). Their first grand final wins was one of the greats games (and the drunkest) i've been to. Before the A-League i was a supporter and season pass holder for the Northern Spirit in the NSL. North Sydney stadium was a great suburban ground to go to and was perfect for the 2000 or so of us who'd turn up for games. 

i spent 6 weeks in Germany for the 2006 World Cup and got to see 8 games including the Australia v Italy in K-Town which was probably the best sport experience i've every had despite us losing. Also got to see Czech Republic (they were ranked 4th in the world then), Japan, USA, Ghana, Ukraine & Germany play. Seeing Del Piero score against Germany was crazy and there's no way in hell that i could ever have imagined that he'd end up at S.F.C. I also went to the confederations cup in Germany in 2005. While I was there i got lucky enough to get tickets to see Bayern play a German allstars at the opening of the Allianz Arena and TSV 1860 play Bayern at the old Olympic Stadium to mark their move to the Allianz (i got tickets to that for free with tickets we bought to an And1 streetball contest that was on that same day which seems kinda weird).

Me getting ready for Australia v Uruguay 2005

197585_5122390403_2241_n.jpg

Epic story Aek! Sydney FC FTW! Have you bought a season pass for the upcoming season? I'm gonna be buying one very soon. Later this week if all goes well. Wouldn't mind meeting up and making it to a few matches with ya.

I was also there for the Australia vs. Uruguay game. I was in The Cove! Managed to get my face into the newspaper a few times, had my face painted and all. Absolute fantastic memory there. :D

I can't get over how much they sold that patch of grass with the penalty shot after Aloisi scored the winning penalty kick. Amazing atmosphere. I'd love to go overseas to watch Manchester United play as well but I'm pretty sure there'd be a significant backlog before I'd be able to make it there.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#34 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:09 PM

Finally! I was gonna open a topic for soccer discussion this morning actually, ha ha ha. Glad to see it's opened. No more hate given in the GT now. :P

I've got a few teams I support so I will list them,

• Sydney FC - A-League
  • Manchester United - English Premier League
  • Benfica - Portuguese Primeira Liga
  • Real Madrid - Spanish La Liga
  • Australia and Portugal - International
The new A-League is starting soon! I'm seriously considering buying a season ticket and make it to every home game this season...

Wanderers. Bloody Sydney fc piss off! After watching epl and not supporting anyone, finally supporting palace. Go the Eagles. Waiting on jerseys personally delivered by Mile :-)

#35 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:11 PM

Can't wait for the Ffa cup.. Football is growing in Aus, Gallop is definitely taking the game in a good direction here, really good to see. I am really jealous of the history that the UK has with football, I am really excited for the future of the world game here, starting with the 13/14 season of the a league. We need more money invested in the game here, would love to see domestic talent stay in Australia but sadly there's not the money or the skill levels yet :-(

#36 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:08 PM

+1!

Wanderers. Bloody Sydney fc piss off!

Cool story bro!

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#37 Brett

Brett

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,547 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:14 PM

And Palace????  Cmon Dylan, please....  ;)

Sig worthy.

#38 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:34 AM

And Palace????  Cmon Dylan, please....  ;)

aSGGIwE.gif

#39 Brett

Brett

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,547 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:36 PM

That's basketball champ, just so you know. same shape ball, but different.

Sig worthy.

#40 Snootaloop

Snootaloop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:44 AM

Newcastle 2 Aston villa 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users