• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 toson1911

toson1911

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:55 PM

Hey everyone, i have a silver gen3 lib sedan, some of you's may know of it with the WRX022 number plates :P dont give me crap, i know its not a wrx!!

im looking to buy some xd9's, but as most im head :fork: 'd about offsets and all. im also looking at doing brembo upgrade when i do turbo conversion, so has to clear brembos.

so im thinking (from what i can understand) 18x8 with +38, im after a little bit of the dish, but not too much poke. am i on the right track here with this combination? 

also thinking about 235/35/18 potanza re002's. does anybody know if im going to have to do too much body work to the car as well?

any help would be great thanks guys

Alex

#2 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:12 PM

235's will likely fowl on the strut if you have stock suspension. Coilovers are pretty much a must for anything wider than 7.5" width and close to factory offset. Best option here is to go to a tyre dealer and test fit what you want. As for brembo fitment, consulting the manufacturer is often the best bet. Unless someone on here has the exact wheel you want, it's hard to gauge brake fitments. Have a look on some of the American Subaru forums, they usually maintain listings of wheels that clear brembos.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#3 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

Running 18x10 +38
Only minimal guard work needed ;)
[03.SUBY]

#4 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:31 PM

I put 18 x 8 +48 with 225/40/18's on a Gen3 B4.

Required rear guards to be rolled as it scrubbed on big bumps, it was on stock bilsteins.

235's will fit no drama's with stock suspension, offset pending. What width wheels are you looking at?

You'll need coliovers though to get enough front camber to make anything decent with 235's work.

OEM+

#5 toson1911

toson1911

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:32 PM

yeah i have coilovers in now.. im not sure if im confusing myself but the xd9s have offset and then different dish settings, im not sure if that effects me in any way.

sam ive read you thread but i think 18x10 is a little over kill. i'd like 18x9 but wouls settle for 18x8, it all depends on the fitment and true pricing really.

sam do you run brembos?

thanks guys 

Alex

#6 Ben_20EJT

Ben_20EJT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:12 PM

17,8+35 with a 225 45 tyre will give u a little poke.

freeway.jpeg 

#7 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:21 PM

Only the 10" wide xd9s have the 3" dish.
The 9" wide have 45cm I think.
I have gt liberty 316mm brakes on mine and they clear fine.
[03.SUBY]

#8 toson1911

toson1911

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:45 PM

Have you got 17's Ben? Hmm. I might go down to g88 and have a talk to them. Btw when's the next time your going to ichiban Ben?

#9 Gen1Jack

Gen1Jack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:27 PM

Hey everyone, i have a silver gen3 lib sedan, some of you's may know of it with the WRX022 number plates :P dont give me crap, i know its not a wrx!!

im looking to buy some xd9's, but as most im head :fork: 'd about offsets and all. im also looking at doing brembo upgrade when i do turbo conversion, so has to clear brembos.

so im thinking (from what i can understand) 18x8 with +38, im after a little bit of the dish, but not too much poke. am i on the right track here with this combination? 

also thinking about 235/35/18 potanza re002's. does anybody know if im going to have to do too much body work to the car as well?

any help would be great thanks guys

Alex

Dont know what to say matey. Haha everyone pretty much hit the nail on the head. Sorry mate

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gen3, work, wheels, xd9, liberty, fitment

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users