• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#21 chubbs

chubbs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:18 AM

What needed to be changed out to suit the E85? Was it just the injectors and pump, or lines and rails as well?

Correct injector and fuel pump. no need to do rails and line. i went ID1000s and DW65c pump.

#22 jaydece

jaydece

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:47 PM

What needed to be changed out to suit the E85? Was it just the injectors and pump, or lines and rails as well?

It is possible to get a E85 tune ( tuner dependant ) on a stock car without having to get fuel pump upgrades, injectors, etc etc..

Fuel pump duty cycle in the tune can be adjusted to help assist with other scaling adjustments required

Stock car on tune e85 would be limited of course...e.g. less boost but moderate more timing..which is a good thing....to help prevent the head from lifting, breaking a bearing, piston....etc etc...

But just the extra gain from the fuel alone is worth it....."torque"

~JUSZTN~

** Our Turbo Lag Gives Those v8's A Chance  **

Past - MY07 Liberty TBSTI 6SPD Sedan
265kw atw on P100
290kw atw on E85(fuel pump limited)

Past - MY16 Audi S3 Sedan

Present - MY18 Audi RS3 Sedan (His)
Present - MY17 VW Tiguan 162 R line (Hers)

#23 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:09 PM

e85 uses a hell of a lot more fuel compared to unleaded, which means the standard injectors hit their maximum flow rates. Net result of putting e85 into a standard car is less power once tuned due to your fuel supply limitations. In standard trim, in 5th gear and stock tune, my B4 was hitting 85% duty cycle on the injectors. Add to the mix that E85 uses up to 40% more fuel, you've just put your injectors into approx 130% duty cycle (theoretically, because once you hit 100%, theres no more fuel to give)

Not only that, but e85 reacts with (read: eats for breakfast) certain types of metals, and the pump and injectors seems to be where the problem is. Result of leaving it standard results in blown fuel lines due to eaten out fuel components.

Dont put E85 in a stock subaru long term. If your insurance finds out after a major accident, you won't be covered.

Exerpt from RACV article:

Fuel containing high concentrations of ethanol is only suitable for vehicles that have been specifically designed for it. The use of E85 in vehicles not designed for a high ethanol content fuel will cause drivability problems, the severity of which will depend on the individual vehicle. It will also damage non compatible fuel system components.

Typical damage will involve deterioration of ‘rubber’ fuel system components such as hoses and diaphragms, and corrosion of various metal components. It may also cause problems with fuel tank sender units and electric fuel pumps. However the type and level of damage will depend on the individual vehicle, the level of ethanol compatible components fitted and the age and general condition of the components.  This damage may take some time to show up.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#24 MrSober88

MrSober88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:29 PM

Love these cars..... I really want a set of those rims for my GEN 3 Liberty.

#25 Beckers

Beckers

OMAR Cubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts
  • Interests:Docking and eating dry meat, Living lyf in the TT VOD

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:20 PM

Hey Alex,

Tell me, who supplied your fuel pump ??

Car is coming along nicely, keen to see it again soon.

#26 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,449 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:50 PM

+1

tIeW8DE.png

#27 Robert

Robert

Brappp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,417 posts
  • Interests:Door Frames

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:43 PM

Awsome car :)

I reckon some jdm engine covers would tidy up the engine bay nicely. Like the ones Mark had on his gen 4

#28 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,868 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:50 PM

And the ones I currently have in my car which I bought from Mark. :)

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#29 chubbs

chubbs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:38 PM

Hey Alex,

Tell me, who supplied your fuel pump ??

I got my fuel pump off Justin (Jaydece) was next to brand new as he maxed it out with the power he running.

Awsome car :)

I reckon some jdm engine covers would tidy up the engine bay nicely. Like the ones Mark had on his gen 4

The jdm engine covers do look nice but a FMIC is going in soon so no point.

#30 chubbs

chubbs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:09 PM

UPDATE:

Bit of a major update. Spent the last month or so pulling my hair out. Thanks to Brian I purchased his Perrin silicone inlet pipe. My stock one had rip on the turbo end. The install wasnt as painful as expected but I think it was easier due to Brian already having it fitted to his old turbo.

20140519_163606_zpsbe04bqoa.jpg

I managed to split a mine and owens factory tmic due to running 20psi. The crimps on the plastic tanks arent to strong, planned on going tmic but owen helped me decide to go with fmic. I purchased the cx racing kit the same on Dan (dja) purchased and seeing his install I thought it didnt seem to difficult to install and modify..... oh how I was wrong! After a weekend of trying to get the bitch to fit there was no way to fit the pipes, using the silicone or the pipes supplied. So I took it to Revzone and they re fabbed 2 new pipes off the cooler and lots trimmed off the front bar it fitted. I had the car towed to Revzone and coming off the tow truck the driver took it a little fast and lets just say squashed my cooler into the ground. Had to wait a couple days for a new cooler to arrive. Now its all sorted im happy again.

20140601_100903_zpsgsxij2za.jpg

20140607_160850_zps7ftebh2g.jpg

IMG_20140607_105423_zps2rr7wpqg.jpg

I was running the intercooler with the factory throttle body hose as thats how the kit designed and the stock tb hose is just rubbish, kept blowing off several times off the tb side so I pissed it off and bought the Avo one. It was a perfect fit and does not blow off. Matt gave me an idea to use the factory tmic bracket to hold the cooler pipes to take the weight off the tb hose. I did this and it definitely helps.

20140603_162242_zpslpajsnno.jpg

Also picked up a Sard fpr from Adam at Tuspeed with the turbosmart adapter and Sard guage.

20140527_181036_zpsiqmi5rp2.jpg

Going for a retune with matt in a few weeks will post some results. THANKS SO MUCH EVERYONE WHO HAS HELPED ME!!! Owen, Justin, Paul, Brian, Revzone, Dan (dja), Lee from AVO and Matt for putting up with my bullshit!

Sorry for the shitty phone pics too busy to take some good ones. Happy snap at the carwash

1402123443547_zpsnjrzmvmb.jpg

#31 Hypnotic

Hypnotic

Everything you see is an hallucination

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,835 posts
  • Interests:long walks behind abandoned buildings.

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:14 PM

Nice to see, Alex.

Glad she's up and running again.

As soon as she hands it to you, slowly take of your pants, then, while staring her straight in the eyes rub it against the tip of you penis, while continuing your painfully intense gaze whisper to her;

"My eye is watering, this might be a bit hot"

I should just convert to single, right?

Horsepower Factory

Revzone Auto Tuning Centre

#32 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,449 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:14 PM

Fark that looks tough. Needs to come to a meet one week, or the monthly one on the 25th

tIeW8DE.png

#33 Beckers

Beckers

OMAR Cubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts
  • Interests:Docking and eating dry meat, Living lyf in the TT VOD

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:19 PM

Looks great Alex,

The core looks factory, it blends in so well with the front bar.

#34 patttyfox

patttyfox

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:25 PM

such a nice car man!

#35 chubbs

chubbs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:37 PM

Here are my results. First run with the added front mount intercooler it pulled 225kw the reaction on Matt and Owens face had me worried. Matt worked his magic and got it to a safe 212kw which im very happy with. Front mount was a good option there is no notice in lag what so ever and it pulls like a train down low. My next move is to enjoy driving it for now and get a few more cosmetics for it. Thanks again to Matt, Owen, Revzone, Brian, Justin, Paul and anyonr else ive missed out I couldnt have done it without all your help.

First Run:

Screenshot_2014-06-23-19-43-39_zpsukniu8

Final Result:

Screenshot_2014-06-23-19-44-02_zpsygain8

Sorry for shitty phone pics. Comments and hate welcome.

#36 Robert

Robert

Brappp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,417 posts
  • Interests:Door Frames

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:40 PM

The only thing I hate about this thing is I don't own it!

#37 chubbs

chubbs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:57 PM

Out with the old in with the new.

IMG_6859_zpsnltjssc8.jpg

#38 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,449 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:01 PM

ZU6tLkf.jpg
Whens this coming back to Burwood for a visit?

tIeW8DE.png

#39 chubbs

chubbs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:29 PM

Ill come down soon and say gday. I was down around a month ago.

#40 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,449 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:59 PM

We'll be meeting in Docklands next week if you can come next week. Just a heads up. A link to the thread is in my signature 

tIeW8DE.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users