←  Builds and Projects

Suby Club

»

Stevaru's Gen3 RX Liberty

liberty91steve's Photo liberty91steve 27 Oct 2013

Picked this thing up about 4 months ago. Completely stock except for an aftermarket head unit. Lost my licence end of last year for just over a year and a half and thought I'd just buy a car that's good to drive so went the Subaru Gen3 Liberty, always liked the shape of the car. Of course this means no full licence until November 26th 2015 otherwise would have gone B4 :(
So this thing will only look good and have a heavy sound system installed.

Mods Completed:
- Integra Type R front lip
- Weather sheilds
- JDM style grille
- Phillips H7 and H1 headlights/parkers H3 foggies (cbf defects)
- SubyClub sticker (ofcourse)
- Hella Tone horns
- Instrument Cluster lights

Future Mods:
- Coil overs
- Rims (thinking te37 gloss black) undecided as yet
- UEL Borla Headers and exaughst
- Sound System

j4jj3Df.jpg?1
Z5V0W9a.jpg?1
0N3fnF9.jpg?1
9VOtQ5L.jpg?1
JIV3YHB.jpg?1
Mfx1pyu.jpg?1
LP8uI3n.jpg?1
5lj3Ras.jpg?1
irFVEI2.jpg?1
3PRpz6q.jpg?1
UD5TlR6.jpg?1
wc3mNnm.jpg?1
llpHWiW.jpg?1
7Ch7bbe.jpg?1
3ZWBOYI.jpg?1
gpUQwRB.jpg?1

effortz's Photo effortz 27 Oct 2013

Looking good man!

Loving the dash colour and the hellatones, also heaps jelly of the sunroof! :P

Liberty's Photo Liberty 27 Oct 2013

Welcome (back) to SubyClub mate. Some decent modifications you've made on her so far. New rims and more low and it'll look very nice.

jack_keaka's Photo jack_keaka 27 Oct 2013

nice one steve! love the type r lip. looks good on the prefacelifts.

RacerX's Photo RacerX 28 Oct 2013

Looks good Mate!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

liberty91steve's Photo liberty91steve 28 Oct 2013

Cheers for the feedback guys, cant wait to get some wheels on it :)

CRUISN's Photo CRUISN 28 Oct 2013

Needs less woodgrain and WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY less Hellatones. :D

U-Shell's Photo U-Shell 28 Oct 2013

Needs less woodgrain.

Agreed. I can't believe how bad it is after having the 'Charcoal Wood Grain' for so long. Even spray it gloss black or something please haha

Where abouts are you from mate? We have the same car! Stay away from my Turf. I don't want someone having a better champagne silver RX near me :P

LIBBY_B4's Photo LIBBY_B4 28 Oct 2013

Agreed. I can't believe how bad it is after having the 'Charcoal Wood Grain' for so long. Even spray it gloss black or something please haha
Where abouts are you from mate? We have the same car! Stay away from my Turf. I don't want someone having a better champagne silver RX near me :P

It has a sunroof....!

liberty91steve's Photo liberty91steve 28 Oct 2013

Hella tones aint going no where :P ive put black grille mesh now, looks bit neater now

Wood grain will be gone with soon enough, even been thinking covering it over with sticker bomb sheet, can just get another dash plastic from where im working if I dont like it and spray it black or silver. 

Im from Eltham/Greensborough area Melbourne

U-Shell's Photo U-Shell 30 Oct 2013

It has a sunroof....!

:fork: Beats mine already lol :(

Ahh okay, I'm in North Ringwood. If you can be bothered for a little drive over to Burwood. There is a little group of SubyCluber's that get together for a weekly meet. Should be able to find all the info in the "gatherings' section of the forum :) Please don't sticker bomb..... Just go black haha

liberty91steve's Photo liberty91steve 30 Oct 2013

:fork: Beats mine already lol :(

Ahh okay, I'm in North Ringwood. If you can be bothered for a little drive over to Burwood. There is a little group of SubyCluber's that get together for a weekly meet. Should be able to find all the info in the "gatherings' section of the forum :) Please don't sticker bomb..... Just go black haha

haha dude Im hanging to bring it out on some suby cruises but still 136 days until i get my licence back!  :dash2:

Yer ive decided im getting it wrapped in carbon fiber wrap. Should look alright, if not ill just spray it black lol

RacerX's Photo RacerX 12 Dec 2013

What lip did you use? and how hard was it to install?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WALKER's Photo WALKER 12 Dec 2013

Looking good mate :)

liberty91steve's Photo liberty91steve 12 Dec 2013

What lip did you use? and how hard was it to install?

Integra Type R front lip, I didnt have any idea how I was going to mount it until it arrived and had a look at it. Its not too hard to install just a few minor mods. Many different ways it could be done. Heres the link to the same type of bar?

http://www.ebay.com/...6f4a023&vxp=mtr

SSIKness666's Photo SSIKness666 12 Dec 2013

Not bad mate =)

Imo, you should:

Get 17's of your stock rims (seriously look so good on Gen3's)

Clear indicators

Paint the external door trim the same colour as the car (sorry, I don't know the technical term for them :P )
Paint the grill the same colour as the car
Lowered or coilovers

Remove hellatones

Keep up the good work!

<-- LOVE Gen3's ;)