←  Builds and Projects

Suby Club

»

Matt's 1992 RS Wagon

Matty_Lib's Photo Matty_Lib 01 Apr 2014

Little bit of an update; not a great deal has happened with the car mod wise, just a set of STi seats and a dash mat - I know, not much of a mod! The seats are out of a V4 IIRC, with the red border on the top and base. Wasn't too sure how the colour scheme would look in the car but I'm quite happy with them, definitely a great upgrade from the standard RS seats though, and the RS seats being a great upgrade for the girlfriend's worn GX seats  ;)

Also a couple of months ago the engine cracked a ringland (or ringlands), so its been stationary since. I have sourced another Legacy EJ20G from a member on here, will be going to pick that up on the weekend and get that fitted around work over the next week or so (the dream is to one day swap in a 207 with V3/4 heads, but I can't see that happening any time soon). Will also use this time to clean up the engine bay and tidy the wiring and hoses etc. 

I'll get some progress photos for the thread, some of it all back together when its finished and had a good wash and detail, keen to go for a run in it, I've been driving a non turbo diesel Rocky for the last couple of months. Will hopefully be running good for this year's HVC, looking forward to it!

Cam.'s Photo Cam. 01 Apr 2014

Yee haw!

Pics of dash mat or it didn't happen.

Matty_Lib's Photo Matty_Lib 02 Apr 2014

Just for you Cam.

Attached Files

Matt's Photo Matt 02 Apr 2014

Ohh nice dash mat!!! How much??

Cam.'s Photo Cam. 02 Apr 2014

hahaha

Bumpty's Photo Bumpty 02 Apr 2014

I too have a dash mat! Yours looks schmick!

Rustyrobertson's Photo Rustyrobertson 02 Apr 2014

whats that lip off / from?? looking hot!! keep it up :)

Matty_Lib's Photo Matty_Lib 02 Apr 2014

Was about $50 from Autobarn, can't remember the brand but it's moulded really well. Fits great.

Lip is an STi replica i believe, was a group buy on RS liberty club a few years back. Someone on there has the mould, there may be more made in the future but I am unsure. Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Matt's Photo Matt 03 Apr 2014

sweet...will go and enquire next week about one

blake_'s Photo blake_ 03 Apr 2014

Just for you Cam.

thats at my house ;/

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

hollylib's Photo hollylib 30 Jul 2014

Looks good m888888

Matty_Lib's Photo Matty_Lib 29 Sep 2014

So not much has happened with the car lately, I managed to snap the rear left sway bar mount in 3 places though. I think it was due to the angle of my driveway, as my wheel lifts 2-300mm when entering and it would be putting a fair bit of stress on it. I couldn't source one that day and needing the car for work I ended up welding it back together, also with the addition of hardened washers on the mounting surfaces. I can't see it breaking again :)

Also, here is a quick video of the exhaust.

Some non Subaru news for anyone that is interested. I also have a little Daihatsu Rocky F70 that I've been working on lately. When I first got it at the start of this year it was a pretty basic 2.8l Toyota based diesel engine, with manual everything. Over the past month of so I have had the engine out to do a major service and clutch. Also re-torqued the head and set the valve clearances.

I'd managed to source a second hand Turbo Dynamics turbo kit and power steering system, which I fitted up at the same time. It all went pretty smooth, though I had to make up custom brackets for the steering pump and get a high pressure hose made. I also made up a 2.5" turbo back exhaust and fitted boost and pyro gauges to keep an eye on things.

It's almost all back together and ready go, it's awesome to drive, on and off road. I surprise a lot of people with where I can take it! Lots of torque and a great low-range helps.

Attached File  20140202_081815.jpg   165.28KB   9 downloads

Attached File  20140916_193543.jpg   86.47KB   9 downloads

Adam's Photo Adam 30 Sep 2014

Wicked!

Matty_Lib's Photo Matty_Lib 30 Sep 2014

Cheers, I don't think the video linked properly. I'll check it out when I get home.

simon's Photo simon 30 Sep 2014

I had a little Daihatsu Feroza couple of years back. Wicked little cars. Would love a rocky!!!

Matty_Lib's Photo Matty_Lib 30 Sep 2014

They really are awesome little things, cheers!