24 replies to this topic

#21 TSG

TSG

Cured

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:38 PM

Ouch, am I reading that right, will only allow for 2" lift without an engineers certificate. The Patrol/Cruiser guys wont like that lol. We've only ever had medium sized ones with independent front suspension, which allowed for a maximum raise of 2" without risk of snapping CV's. Honestly though, some 4x4's are far too high/unsafe. I learnt to drive in one (2" lift) and that thing was unstoppable offroad once we had good tyres on it, we almost installed rock sliders under the sills near the end. But even the 4" lifted Patrols/Cruisers at Landcruiser Mountain were only able to go where we followed. Only wankers lift it higher in my opinion, its the 4x4 equivalent of stance.

#22 Samwise

Samwise

Official official of the official.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,434 posts
  • Interests:Taste so good, make you wanna slap yo' mama.

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:33 PM

There are requirements around coilovers and changes to the suspension. These are outlined in VSI 50 which hasn't been published yet. This is the document which has been causing so much fuss with the 4WD community and is the one they wish to make mandatory nationwide. There are a few drafts floating around the internet

http://www.arb.com.a...ng Vehicles.pdf

It just says you can't lower it below 100mm?

I like to think of it as borrowing someone's car and driving it better than them.

#23 LPM_B4

LPM_B4

LPM_FOZ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:52 PM

my mate has a GU patrol 7" lift, garret turbo, 4wd front mount, 37" tires, twin air lock diffs the works and it goes just about anywhere 

cool car but its clean as so proabbly helps him with police worries

#24 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:55 AM

Samwise, if you read the Purpose section of the document, you get +/- 50mm adjustment, in addition to whatever clearance requirements they have. So yes, you may only be allowed to drop it 50mm, but you are also not allowed to go below 100mm clearance too.

Something thats rather interesting. One of the guys I work with wanted to bolt a turbo to his diesel cruiser. Regency basically said they didnt care. They did mention that if it was petrol, it would be a different story.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#25 BMX013

BMX013

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:56 PM

Love page 4 item 5

Note:Fitting pressure relief valves or other devices that vent directly to atmosphere is
not allowed

Examples not requiring certification:

• Alternative exhaust systems that retain the original or equivalent emission control equipment eg headers, mufflers, complete exhaust systems.
• Alternative engine intake and filtration systems that retain the original emission control equipment eg replacement filter elements/assemblies, intercoolers, cold air intakes (This will be interesting with the boys in blue), snorkels.
• Oil separation systems where no part of the PVC system vents to atmosphere.

Item 17 - Replacing single-piston callipers with multiple-piston callipers. - Didnt know callipers had pistons :sarcastic:

set-of-callipers-vector-271125.jpg

a COLD AIR INTAKE (being a true cold air intake, ie in guard or boxed with a feeder is legal, ive never had an issue with cops,
a pod filter in the engine bay is not a cold air intake. its just retardation. thats where they have issues.

i didnt see anything about height mods or ground clearance.

ACT changed to be 30mm off brow height but i think nsw is still 100mm rule.

i didnt see anything about varex mufflers, i see ppl get defected for a varex, but tbh if it gets tested when open whats it matter? i have one so i dont wake my neighbours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users