• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 adzybug

adzybug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:09 PM

Hey all so I said I was going to do a build thread so here we go.....

Bought the vehicle stock standard on the 26/10/2013 less than a month ago.

Attached File  IMG_0182.JPG   169.43KB   44 downloads

Over the last few weeks ive gone a bit crazy cause I can. Not 24hours after I had the car I had already started my modifications

1. 18 inch black powdercoated Speedy wheels with 225/40/18 Pirelli p-zero tyres, Same day got the car fully tinted so people cant have a geez at me while im pulling myself at the lights, but seriously, 20% my ass.

Attached File  IMG_0200.JPG   216.35KB   36 downloads

2. Genuine STI carbon fibre front strut brace fitted during the week after the wheels went on

Attached File  IMG_0205.JPG   399.62KB   35 downloads

3. Ordered BC BR coilovers during the same week and fitted them that weekend along with a full Pioneer sound system

Attached File  IMG_0228.JPG   207.11KB   32 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0216.JPG   85.35KB   33 downloads

4. While bored at work listening to VW customers crap on about how crap their cars are I found an Ultrex rear strut brace and fitted it in my lunch hour :P

Attached File  IMG_0233.JPG   118.74KB   34 downloads

5. Placed order with ben at Bursons (ben_wgn02t) last week for a full stainless 3 inch xforce turbo back system along with a turbosmart plum back BOV. Had an  2 inch catless uppipe arrive from California and had a mate drive out from orange to say gday and deliver me my brand new vf22 turbo. Had a surprise package which my brother forgot to tell me about until everything was going back in with a STI intercooler with Y-pipe the sarvo. Spent this weekend putting it all together with said dickhead (ben_wgn20t) and after many metal splinters and fiberglass shards from that fricking heat wrap which im still pulling out of my fingers, here is how it went:

Attached File  IMG_0259.JPG   76.48KB   32 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0262.JPG   126.71KB   32 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0263.JPG   133.61KB   32 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0242.JPG   151.05KB   35 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0260.JPG   103.82KB   33 downloads

"For The Love Of Boost"

#2 adzybug

adzybug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:18 PM

Attached File  IMG_0248.JPG   162.86KB   27 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0250.JPG   104.38KB   28 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0252.JPG   71.42KB   29 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0255.JPG   112.63KB   28 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0258.JPG   117.35KB   28 downloads

Took pretty much all day but we managed to stop downing jimmys long enough to get it ready for start tomorrow so not to piss off all the already pissed off neighbours. Pretty sure im the reason the house across the road which is up for auction hasn't sold yet, death metal and blokes drinking all day out the front doesn't help sell a cosy neighbourhood. So we will test it all tomorrow and hope for the best, hoping to get a professional tune later next week and also have a dual stage boost controller with gauge ready to go.

"For The Love Of Boost"

#3 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:18 PM

Looking really good mate! I'm liking where you're taking this. Keep up the solid work.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#4 Josh.

Josh.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:21 PM

Good to see it progressing quickly :)

Getting bigger injectors before you get it tuned?

#5 adzybug

adzybug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:26 PM

yeah probably at the rate im going ill price that all up during the week and itl be on order by Friday! lol

"For The Love Of Boost"

#6 LPM_B4

LPM_B4

LPM_FOZ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:40 PM

this car was a steal on carsales love what you've done to it already

#7 Jberg89

Jberg89

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Interests:Surfing

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:43 AM

Nice mate...looks the goods.will you De-orange the headlights? It is a must in my opinion as well as side reflectors. Looks awesome though mate. Post a sound clip of the exhaust. Keep the info coming

1zvaasj.jpg6xu6h5.jpg2jg734g.jpg

#8 adzybug

adzybug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:59 PM

Nice mate...looks the goods.will you De-orange the headlights? It is a must in my opinion as well as side reflectors. Looks awesome though mate. Post a sound clip of the exhaust. Keep the info coming

Yeah that is something im looking at doing I agree it will probably look a lot better. Just modifying up some new coolant hoses cause I had a few pinholes cause they are too stretched out. Intercooler seems to be the cause its alot longer then the stock one. Will get a clip of the exhaust shortly, it sounds mean!

"For The Love Of Boost"

#9 adzybug

adzybug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:08 AM

Was home from work today so hooked up this bad boy. Also put a genuine shifter knob on there that I found in the warranty bin at work, score!

Attached File  IMG_0276.JPG   116.82KB   30 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0277.JPG   145.69KB   28 downloads

"For The Love Of Boost"

#10 adzybug

adzybug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:11 PM

Fit a new Turbo Beanie to the vf22 today. Probably the most painful experience EVER! still picking the exhaust fibers out of my arms, but it does look cool. haha

Attached File  IMG_0305.JPG   232.08KB   24 downloads

"For The Love Of Boost"

#11 adzybug

adzybug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:47 PM

Just received these in the mail! Cant wait to put them on this weekend! Im thinking of going up to MSR to get the car tuned up, if anyone has any other feedback or suggestions on this let me know, like who have you had yours done with and would you recommend...?

Attached File  IMG_0322.JPG   67.46KB   26 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0325.JPG   120.02KB   27 downloads

"For The Love Of Boost"

#12 Josh.

Josh.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:43 PM

Do you have a base tune to run between fitting the injectors and getting the car tuned properly?

#13 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:58 AM

Agree with Josh - DO NOT put those injectors in without modifying the ECU, even if its just a base map and not a full tune. Jumping up injector sizes without telling the ECU about the change will cause it to lean out across the whole rev range, which can have disastrous (and expensive) consequences.

Should be a nice little weapon after the tune anyways! Very nice progression by the way.

Cheers,

Ben

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#14 adzybug

adzybug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:08 PM

Agree with Josh - DO NOT put those injectors in without modifying the ECU, even if its just a base map and not a full tune. Jumping up injector sizes without telling the ECU about the change will cause it to lean out across the whole rev range, which can have disastrous (and expensive) consequences.

Should be a nice little weapon after the tune anyways! Very nice progression by the way.

Cheers,

Ben

Even if its for only one day? taking it from home to the tune? don't wanna pay twice lol

"For The Love Of Boost"

#15 Josh.

Josh.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:47 PM

I'm pretty sure it will actually run really rich and very badly.

#16 adzybug

adzybug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:10 PM

Hey guys I know I haven't posted in a while but just an update on the car.

Everything is installed and running well and I have decided to go for an upgrade on the motor.

Just waiting to hear back from the supplier but I will be putting in a 2.5 sti motor to go with the vf22 due to many issues found with the original motor.

These issues all spark from the original owner cause he never serviced the bloody thing and im left with the issues so I have deduced the costs and in the grand scheme of things from a mechanical point of view its actually going to be less stress to do an engine swap out.

I am also going to be looking to upgrade my clutch, maybe an exedy organic hd, not sure yet. And may even go for the sti gearbox upgrade (6 speed), if anyone has any thoughts on that or experiences I would appreciate the feedback.

brakes are also on the agenda so I believe that the sti brake upgrade (4 pot) is the logical option but if anyone has an alternative that they have used please share.

More to come...........

"For The Love Of Boost"

#17 Samwise

Samwise

Official official of the official.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,434 posts
  • Interests:Taste so good, make you wanna slap yo' mama.

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:41 AM

Wow, you moved quick on this! I'm jealous, haha..

6 speed, ftw!

And yes, the STi brembos are good. Maybe if you have the money you can get a 6 pot kit? (APS, Wilwood, etc etc etc)

I like to think of it as borrowing someone's car and driving it better than them.

#18 adzybug

adzybug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:30 AM

So did some research and have purchased a new 207 forged motor. I am sacrificing torque by not going for the 257 but for what I want the 207 is definately the right choice.
Has anyone been able to purchase a gasket kit from subaru in regards to this motor? Their parts department is rather poor at locating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"For The Love Of Boost"

#19 R-Y

R-Y

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Rugby league, surfing, cars, music (Rise Against)

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:59 AM

Look on the net for a VRS kit. You can get genuine ones from the states for around $300. If not see Kris at rising sun. Pretty sure he does them for a good price to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#20 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:14 AM

yeah email kris at rising sun subaru, he can probably help you with the 6speed and brembos too

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users