←  Builds and Projects

Suby Club

»

Interior mods for gen 3 wagon

Hilikandy's Photo Hilikandy 07 Dec 2013

Hey guys, thinking about doing two things with my interior, first is changing the wood grain look to perhaps orange vinyl, and also change the boot to a black one with orange stitching.

here's a link of the vinyl wrap

http://www.ebay.com/...c1806cd&vxp=mtr

something similar to that I'm thinking

here's a picture of it now

Attached File  DSC05202.JPG   141.82KB   11 downloads

also post pictures of your interior to give me ideas! :)

Barbbachello's Photo Barbbachello 07 Dec 2013

I think orange vinyl trim would be too much (says the man with red vent surrounds. Im getting rid of them i promise). Either paint it black or maybe carbon fibre wrap. Best thing would be to look for some B4 trims which are brushed aluminium or some JDM trims which are a really dark green woodgrain/rock pattern which actually looks good

Shiv's Photo Shiv 07 Dec 2013

Alternatively, you could consider sourcing a set of Liberty B4 trim pieces like so:

54949_14mg.jpg

mm i do like the b4 pieces, I was thinking it may be too much with the orange albeit there isn't a heap of trim

Liberty's Photo Liberty 07 Dec 2013

I wouldn't go orange, it just isn't my preferred colour for anything. Definitely go the carbon fibre wrap or the B4 trim. I'm a fan of keeping things as close to genuine as possible, so the B4 trims would win in this case. However my mate owns an SP23 with carbon fibre wrap on the trim and it looks the goods.

carbon fibre to me looks a little lame tbh haha

Liberty's Photo Liberty 07 Dec 2013

It won't look out of place though, that's the reason why most people go about it. It goes well with any grey or black interior.

Morgan's Photo Morgan 07 Dec 2013

B4 surrounds get my vote.
B4 RSK seats are also a good upgrade.
MOMO steering wheel looks great

It won't look out of place though, that's the reason why most people go about it. It goes well with any grey or black interior.

thats true, guess i'll try and find b4 panels, as for the seats and wheel I'm pretty happy with them so i'll leave that

liberty91steve's Photo liberty91steve 07 Dec 2013

How hard is it to wrap the dash pieces? I want to do mine but somethings telling me it wiillbe tricky  :blink:

How hard is it to wrap the dash pieces? I want to do mine but somethings telling me it wiillbe tricky  :blink:

yeah i wonder, who's done it?

glenisanutter's Photo glenisanutter 07 Dec 2013

ORANGE VYNAL WOULD BE FN SICK! just add some shag carpet and some funky mosaic tiles in like baby poo brown colour.

chicks love that shit!

zahmad's Photo zahmad 07 Dec 2013

Am I the only one that likes the woodgrain?

SSIKness666's Photo SSIKness666 07 Dec 2013

Am I the only one that likes the woodgrain?

Nah, you can add me to the list.

=)

yannsB4's Photo yannsB4 08 Dec 2013

yeah i wonder, who's done it?

I wrap alot of things. Its just easier than paint and you can always go back. Make sure you get wrapping film if you're a novice as it has air escape channels. Normal adhesive will show any imperfections (dust/bubbles). It's fairly easy.

Place the vinyl over the piece to be wrapped, sticking down flat surfaces first. Once thats done, start by detailing edges then apply heat ( usually a decent quality hair dryer should do it). Once you apply heat, the film will become very maellable and will be easy to form.into the recess. DO NOT cut anything until it's fully cooled and formed otherwise it can tear.

Like i said, fairly easy.

Good luck...

Bumpty's Photo Bumpty 08 Dec 2013

+1 B4 brushed aluminium (then spray, wrap your old surrounds orange and swap as you please) 

Hilikandy's Photo Hilikandy 08 Dec 2013

I wrap alot of things. Its just easier than paint and you can always go back. Make sure you get wrapping film if you're a novice as it has air escape channels. Normal adhesive will show any imperfections (dust/bubbles). It's fairly easy.

Place the vinyl over the piece to be wrapped, sticking down flat surfaces first. Once thats done, start by detailing edges then apply heat ( usually a decent quality hair dryer should do it). Once you apply heat, the film will become very maellable and will be easy to form.into the recess. DO NOT cut anything until it's fully cooled and formed otherwise it can tear.

Like i said, fairly easy.

Good luck...

thanks for the tips yanns!