• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:22 AM

No I haven't snapped a timing belt... But if I were to pick up a motor that had, and the valves were bent courtesy of the pistons hitting them, does anyone know what the chances are that the pistons would be damaged? Anyone know of any other damage to watch out for (aside from the bent valves obviously)?

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#2 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:24 AM

Pistons will be damaged. The engine would need a rebuild. Probably easier to put some new slugs in the block and chuck the heads.
TSM

#3 Guest_Alex_*

Guest_Alex_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:30 AM

Pistons will have nice dents in them. And theoretically warping the pistons. Not worth it gringo.

#4 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:33 AM

Unless you are getting it for free I would be staying clear of this. more trouble then its worth. there is also the possibility of head damage, as in cracks around the Valves for starters, possible damage to the rest of the valve gear and cams.

#5 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:45 AM

Had an inkling they might be cactus. Thanks folks!

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users