aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:06 AM

Subaru-Liberty-3-opt.jpg

Subaru has been one of the industry's hottest automakers, recording record sales month after month. Those handsome figures have come largely on the backs of its crossover lineup, however models like Forester, Outback and XV Crosstrek have been carrying all the water. The Japanese marque has seen less noteworthy performance out of its midsize sedan, the Legacy, but a new one is slated to be revealed later this week at the Chicago Auto Show, and it hopes to improve the company's family sedan fortunes.

Leaked here in these first photos, the 2015 Legacy picks up some cues from the brash Legacy Concept revealed at the 2013 Los Angeles Auto Show, but it loses some impact and gains a pair of rear doors versus the showcar. There's little new visual ground broken, but the overall look is more harmonious than its balloon-fendered predecessor. As is often the case, it has features that make us think of other cars, but overall, it looks to be a handsome (if conservative) design. We particularly like the sleeker roofline and the bold front grille treatment the latter will likely serve well as the face of the next Outback.

Subaru has traditionally offered function-over-form interiors, and while the new dashboard remains visually staid, it looks to have picked up a number of nice new features, including improved HVAC controls, a new steering wheel and freshened touchscreen navigation system.

No word yet on what lurks underneath, but as ever, we're expecting standard all-wheel drive and a naturally aspirated boxer four-cylinder at the bottom end of the range either the company's 2.0-liter engine or its 2.5-liter four shared with the Impreza and Forester. No word on the likelihood of the six-cylinder model returning, but it's possible that the turbocharged WRX engine could appear under its hood as a premium offering.

ku-xlarge.jpg
ku-xlarge.jpg

This info and more can be found at: http://www.autoblog.com

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#2 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:07 AM

Again with the horrible woodgrain!

Pretty basic looking dash too.

#3 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,455 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:08 AM

Gen 5 in the rear new wrx in the front? I don't mind the dash, apart from the woodgrain

tIeW8DE.png

#4 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:09 AM

Pretty basic looking dash too.

When is a Subaru's dash not basic??

Also, Subaru pick some horrible looking OEM rims. 

#5 Samwise

Samwise

Official official of the official.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,434 posts
  • Interests:Taste so good, make you wanna slap yo' mama.

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:20 AM

Looks like a Nissan Impreza or a Subaru Maxima?
Those rims are bogan commodore spec.

I like to think of it as borrowing someone's car and driving it better than them.

#6 Zac

Zac

1544C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,686 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:29 AM

Gen 5 in the rear new wrx in the front? I don't mind the dash, apart from the woodgrain

Symmetry... :)

But no... car is ugly... I'd still rather a nice Gen 4... or even a current gen5..

2002 B4 Rev E

2004 Outback Premium 3.0R

#7 Tim.

Tim.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:32 AM

i45 comes to mind.

Just needs some proper wheels, proper height and a hood scoop and will look totally different.

#8 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:05 PM

When is a Subaru's dash not basic??

Also, Subaru pick some horrible looking OEM rims. 

I should have made myself clearer.......Compared to previous models of Liberty IMO.

#9 vi55errs

vi55errs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:motorbikes motard and enduro. racing subies

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:18 PM

Bland.............   what happened to the designers of gen1 to 4  ?  

#10 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:02 PM

Not a fan of the woodgrain at all. It's the first thing I noticed. With some work, I feel the rest can be changed to look pretty nice.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#11 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:06 PM

The rear end is spot on though. Muuuuuuuuuuuch improvement overall compared to Gen5. Now imagine this in white with a mesh grille, aggro bumpers and big 18's for the GT.

For me the interior looks very mature and more inline with the luxury offers today. Obviously it's no Volk/Audi group interior quality but looks ergonomic and functional. Do like the piano black, but the woodgrain look should be piano black to tie it all up!

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#12 Hypnotic

Hypnotic

Everything you see is an hallucination

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,835 posts
  • Interests:long walks behind abandoned buildings.

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:18 PM

I actually like it, far better than the gen5 and I reckon a GT version won't look too bad at all.

As soon as she hands it to you, slowly take of your pants, then, while staring her straight in the eyes rub it against the tip of you penis, while continuing your painfully intense gaze whisper to her;

"My eye is watering, this might be a bit hot"

I should just convert to single, right?

Horsepower Factory

Revzone Auto Tuning Centre

#13 TSG

TSG

Cured

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:23 PM

Still has the 2 things I didn't like about the current model, the headlights and the cabin height. A bit boring style wise when you compare it with the competition. Just has nothing to get excited about lol.

Hyundai are supposedly bringing the Genesis to Australia soon. Despite the :fork: off grill, its RWD and has plenty of power. If you are in the market it kinda makes you wonder if the driving experience and 'quality' really justify the way the liberty looks for your money. I'd rather be in a Mazda 6, or even the current Accord than this Legacy.

Hyundai-Genesis-sedan-2015-w.jpg

#14 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:53 PM

The rear end is spot on though. Muuuuuuuuuuuch improvement overall compared to Gen5. Now imagine this in white with a mesh grille, aggro bumpers and big 18's for the GT.

For me the interior looks very mature and more inline with the luxury offers today. Obviously it's no Volk/Audi group interior quality but looks ergonomic and functional. Do like the piano black, but the woodgrain look should be piano black to tie it all up!

agreed

Posted Image

#15 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:15 AM

I dont mind it at all. Very american styling, but its certainly not butt ugly. Front could do with some signature STi upgrades in the visual department, but otherwise good. And I would say it wouldnt take much to remove that gay wood trim and send it to a painters for the piano black treatment. Rear end looks great. Put a small spoiler and some skirts on it to break up the bland lines, and you'll have a good looking car.

Wheels and ride height are never permanant - I dont really like them, but again, its a quick fix. Just got to wait for the JDM TS model to be released.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#16 Tim.

Tim.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:42 AM

So yeah, I saw the new liberty in a car park last night.

Wov7yJa.jpg

#17 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:44 AM

Haha, I would take the new Hyundai Genesis over this ANY day of the week.

Sorry Subaru, but you gone done forked up again.

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#18 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:37 PM

So yeah, I saw the new liberty in a car park last night.

Wov7yJa.jpg

So freaking similar

Posted Image

#19 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:09 AM

1661042_612662202146342_1550246107_n.jpg

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#20 Hypnotic

Hypnotic

Everything you see is an hallucination

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,835 posts
  • Interests:long walks behind abandoned buildings.

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:14 AM

Those fuckin mirrors!!!! I don't get it.

As soon as she hands it to you, slowly take of your pants, then, while staring her straight in the eyes rub it against the tip of you penis, while continuing your painfully intense gaze whisper to her;

"My eye is watering, this might be a bit hot"

I should just convert to single, right?

Horsepower Factory

Revzone Auto Tuning Centre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users