Photo

Gearbox Oil Is Now Green Paste (LWSP), what should i do to flush it?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bramble

Bramble

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:33 AM

Hey guys, Recently i have got myself an 02 Bugeye STi and I'm in the process of a complete service and I have found what looks to be Lightweight shockproof gearbox oil and it has turned to a thick paste

I've never seen this stuff before so i need some advice on how to drain/flush this out to replace with a normal box oil.

#2 jaydece

jaydece

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:52 AM

is it shockproof blue in colour? its supposed to be thick pasty and webb like liquid as this is what the product is from the bottle...unless your describing like wet concrete....

to drain and flush it will be a pain...you'll need to do this a couple of times....drain, fill, drive.....rinse and repeat..

I believe syntrax is the oem type...75w90??? best check your manual handbook to confirm

http://www.redlineoi...x?pid=43&pcid=8

~JUSZTN~

** Our Turbo Lag Gives Those v8's A Chance  **

Past - MY07 Liberty TBSTI 6SPD Sedan
265kw atw on P100
290kw atw on E85(fuel pump limited)

Past - MY16 Audi S3 Sedan

Present - MY18 Audi RS3 Sedan (His)
Present - MY17 VW Tiguan 162 R line (Hers)

#3 CodeBurn3r

CodeBurn3r

Resident Mexican

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:57 PM

Smurf Snot..

From what i have read and heard.. and i have spent a shitload of time sifting the bullshit from the real life accounts of this stuff...

Shockproof is good...... IF you have a problematic gearbox.. 

It turns into that thick gloopy lumpy shit if it is mixed in with some types of other fluids.. (stock Subaru stuff is one of them)

Stock Subaru Gearbox fluid is NOT Castrol Syntrax

Castrol Syntrax is used when requested but not used as standard.. 

the standard Castrol 75-90 is the closest thing people have thought it to be.. but SYNTRAX is not what OEM is.

Some people swear by Redline as fixing their gearbox.. i dont deny that... but in my opinion most of these people probably could have put any NEW fluid in and had a big change in feel / performance..

I myself had Nulon 75-90 of some kind for 10,000km and i was having issues with 4th crunching..
Swapped to Syntrax and made a world of difference.. 3 Track days and some heavy Hills driving over the past 12 months and its still going good... maybe a bit notchy now.. ill only be changing fluids because i will be tracking again soon.

My Personal Opinion after seeing what Redline can do to a box would be drain it.. flush with the cheapest shitty fluid you can.. with maybe 50kms and then flush 
Fill with a good Fluid like Motul or Syntrax.. 
Others might argue and thats fine.. this is all about personal opinion.. 

ams: "Can't live with them, can't throw rocks at them."

#4 Bramble

Bramble

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:44 PM

Im going to flush it, just because I dont need it in my gearbox.

#5 bobbyjimmy

bobbyjimmy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:59 AM

Flush it with whatever the cheapest 75/90 gear oil you can find, then repeat that again.

Re-fill with Multi-trax/Syntrax (or what you actually want to use).

Drive it for a week, then drain/refill with Multi-trax/Syntrax (or what you actually want to use) again.

2002 Outback - it's gone...

#6 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:17 PM

Flush it with whatever the cheapest 75/90 gear oil you can find, then repeat that again.

Re-fill with Multi-trax/Syntrax (or what you actually want to use).

Drive it for a week, then drain/refill with Multi-trax/Syntrax (or what you actually want to use) again.

Quoted for the best way to do it.

OEM+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users