aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:13 PM

Subaru-Viziv-2-Main-Art2.jpg

Subaru showcased a green concept vehicle at the Geneva auto show dubbed Viziv 2 -- short for vision for innovation -- that hints at a new crossover and possible replacement for the outgoing Tribeca.

Its Subarus second Viziv concept and follows a similar concept introduced at last years Geneva auto show. The Viziv 2 plug-in hybrid previews design language and technologies working their way into Subaru production cars and light trucks.

Subaru is developing a seven-seat SUV/crossover that is expected to replace the slow-selling Tribeca, which has a cramped rear seat and limited cargo capacity. The new vehicle could go on sale within three years, Automotive News reported in August.

The latest concept also resembles the redesigned 2015 Subaru Legacy, as well as the recently revealed WRX STI.

The Viziv 2 has a 1.6-liter boxer diesel engine paired with a continuously variable transmission, which sends power to all four wheels.

Subaru, a recent entrant in the green-vehicle market with the 2014 XV Crosstrek Hybrid, devised an all-wheel-drive system for the concept in which the diesel engine and one electric motor power the front wheels while two additional electric motors power the rear wheels.

The vehicle uses the electric motors for low speeds, with the 1.6-liter diesel engine kicking in when more speed is needed, Subaru says.

The powertrain is coupled with a stop-start system to boost fuel economy. Subarus SI-Drive control system has been retuned for the concepts hybrid powertrain. In Eco Cruise mode, the system works alongside Subarus EyeSight safety system to monitor the road ahead and adjust engine output to conserve energy.

And the concepts long overhang is designed to meet pedestrian safety requirements, particularly in Europe.

This info and more can be found at: http://www.autonews.com/

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#2 Forester 2.5i S

Forester 2.5i S

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:15 PM

This sounds like one fun hybrid
Jason & Tanya

MY15 Subaru Forester 2.5i S - Crystal White Pearl , CVT
MY12 Subaru XV 2.0i L - Obsidian Black Pearl , CVT

#3 nickknack

nickknack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:15 PM

This sounds like one fun hybrid

lol

it's like we don't even need to try anymore

#4 Beckers

Beckers

OMAR Cubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • Interests:Docking and eating dry meat, Living lyf in the TT VOD

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:29 AM

Mmm, 1.6lt diesel shit heap, just what we need.
Diesel can go suck a dick.

#5 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 06 November 2014 - 07:04 PM

Sorry about the topic revival, but this just popped up on my Facebook from Subaru for Gran Turismo.

The answer to Vision Gran Turismo by Subaru. This is a teaser movie introducing some of its allure.

"Vision Gran Turismo" is a project in which the world's leading brands design an original sportscar in commemoration for the 15th anniversary of Gran Turismo, as present to players of "Gran Turismo 6". For more details regarding Vision Gran Turismo, please visit the Gran Turismo Official Website (http://www.gran-turismo.com).

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#6 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:43 PM

Thanks for posting...

...but Subaru (more than other car manufactures) have a bad reputation of creating stunning concept cars which look like poo once they hit the showrooms. 

The Levorg is the exception. But we don't get that here :(

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#7 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:01 PM

Exactly. Instead we get the Gen 6 (I am giving up with the Roman numerals, it's ancient and will get confusing with all the generations). :P

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users