#1 BlockHead

BlockHead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Subaru, impreza, WRC, Mechanics

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:26 PM

hey all.

awhile ago i bought a set of front and rear sway bars off a mates 05 sti with the plan of fitting them to my 02 rs.

now i have already come to the conclusion that the rear bar will not fit my car, but i never tried and was wondering if the front sway bar would fit into my car? 

if anyone has any knowledge that they can pass onto me that would just be swell :P

#2 Mitch.

Mitch.

Fart Smuggler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • Interests:Surfin' Da Web

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:55 PM

i think i remember reading somewhere that the REAR sti ones will fit they just mount on the outside of the endlinks.

copied from nasioc
All rear swaybars for any 02-07 RS and WRX will fit. STi rear swaybars will mount on the outside of the endlinks and their effectiveness is reduced.

04+ RS, WRX, and STi rear swaybar bushings will not fit 02-03 swaybar mounts.

04+ RS, WRX, and STi rear swaybar mounts will fit are an upgrade but require 04+ swaybar bushings.

Front swaybars for 02-07 WRX will fit, except on RS models. Wagons are different, see notes below.

02-07 Impreza RS require a specific sway bar to clear the non-turbo headers. WRX and STi front swaybars will not fit an RS.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sway barroll bar, suspension, rs, sti

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users