4 replies to this topic

#1 Mbooma

Mbooma

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:24 AM

Hey guys im looking at doin a fmic on my b4 an hav read a few threads but a quick question i was given an intercooler for free an another mate is giving me a forester fmic piping kitfor free is this piping kit useful like i no i need to change the turbo pipe as ill get my friend to weld me a pipe like the scarles kit but will most of the other forester pipes work (meaning i may need to cut an silcone.hose them for adjustment an length) but from wat i can see they look to be almost the same ...?

#2 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:46 PM

I believe quite a bit of the cold side should be ok, but once you duck down into the front of the car you might need some customising. The price is certainly right, get it and see if you cant make something work. If nothing fits, then go the Scarles kit. Bear in mind a few of the boys who got the scarles kit have said its not a simple bolt it on job - there was a little bit of customising that needed to be done there too. But its free, so at least give it a go and see if it will work.

With the ADM gen 3's you will need either a 230mm high FMIC or something similar to fit under the crash bar - if you get an import crash bar you can get a larger IC, but a flat 300x600 wont fit without looking odd and protruding below the front bar. You can cut the front crash bar to make it fit, but make sure you wont get done come inspection time before you do it.

Someone else might be able to clarify this further - but AFAIK, the above info is correct.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#3 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:04 PM

Cut the crash bar mate. I have a spare if you need it.

#4 Mbooma

Mbooma

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:55 PM

Haha yea i planned on cutting it as i hav a 280x450 i think so should snug in quite nicely an yea.mad if i fork.mine ill come get ur spare haha

#5 Beckers

Beckers

OMAR Cubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • Interests:Docking and eating dry meat, Living lyf in the TT VOD

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:49 PM

I have one of the small type crash bars from a GTB if ya interested $60 + post.

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users