Usas

Gen juan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:28 PM

GX with climate and airbags. Noice

Manuelle the thing you were after?

The climate control is what I was talking about, I was surprised to see it. Manual and airbags are also nice to have 

Past

1990 Subaru Liberty GX

1998 Subaru Liberty GX wagon 

1992 Subaru Liberty RS Turbo

​Present

1993 Subaru Liberty RS Turbo Wagon

#163 zahmad

zahmad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:33 PM

I only showed it to him briefly on Monday and we went to see it last night and gave a deposit. It'll be at work for the next few months so you'll be able to have a good look at it.

So you won't be driving it as much just yet?

#164 Usas

Usas

Gen juan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:55 PM

So you won't be driving it as much just yet?

It'll be at HVC but until August I'm not really meant to be driving it 

Past

1990 Subaru Liberty GX

​Present

#165 Yanoflies

Yanoflies

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:14 PM

Hey mate,

I'm the bloke that's been texting you recently! From the sticker the rear, I was able to find this thread haha ...

I've became so very interested in the car, can't wait to grab it off ya this Sunday. Really hope nobody beats me to it!

Cheers,

#166 Usas

Usas

Gen juan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:52 PM

Hey mate,

I'm the bloke that's been texting you recently! From the sticker the rear, I was able to find this thread haha ...

I've became so very interested in the car, can't wait to grab it off ya this Sunday. Really hope nobody beats me to it!

Cheers,

Nice to see your so keen on the car, you'll be able to see most of the work I have done on the car in this thread and much more pictures. The number plate is different in the pictures to what it is now as I choose to keep if for my new car.

Past

1990 Subaru Liberty GX

​Present

#167 Yanoflies

Yanoflies

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:57 PM

I've definitely seen all of the time and effort you've put into the car -- had a great time going through this thread.

#168 Yanoflies

Yanoflies

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:32 PM

Have had the car for a bit over a couple of days now -- really loving it :).

However, there's a couple things that have been bothering me:

1. Today, as turned slowly around a roundabout, I heard a sound I couldn't quite describe (towards the front left wheel area) and my steering became light, felt loose and started to pull strongly towards the left. Not sure exactly what it is, the hard pulling only lasted a short while but now the steering feels loose/light and doesn't feel tight and responsive as I remember it was (and also pulls to the left slightly if I let go of the steering wheel). Unsure as to what this was caused by and will probably have to go see a mechanic to get to the end of that. Hopefully it's something minor like an alignment issue!

2. Been hearing a weird static/buzzing noise (can't pinpoint the source but I'm leaning towards it being the speakers) intermittently -- can hear it even if the stereo is muted/off and can be best described as a "shhzz" sound and it resembles radio noise somewhat. I'll have a look at the wiring to see if it could be a grounding issue.

3. This one doesn't bother as much as the weird noise but I'd like to get rid of the rattle when idling. Not sure where it's coming from either, but I'm guessing it's a door seal somewhere?

Would appreciate any advice/ideas.

#169 Usas

Usas

Gen juan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:42 PM

Have had the car for a bit over a couple of days now -- really loving it :).

However, there's a couple things that have been bothering me:

1. Today, as turned slowly around a roundabout, I heard a sound I couldn't quite describe (towards the front left wheel area) and my steering became light, felt loose and started to pull strongly towards the left. Not sure exactly what it is, the hard pulling only lasted a short while but now the steering feels loose/light and doesn't feel tight and responsive as I remember it was (and also pulls to the left slightly if I let go of the steering wheel). Unsure as to what this was caused by and will probably have to go see a mechanic to get to the end of that. Hopefully it's something minor like an alignment issue!

2. Been hearing a weird static/buzzing noise (can't pinpoint the source but I'm leaning towards it being the speakers) intermittently -- can hear it even if the stereo is muted/off and can be best described as a "shhzz" sound and it resembles radio noise somewhat. I'll have a look at the wiring to see if it could be a grounding issue.

3. This one doesn't bother as much as the weird noise but I'd like to get rid of the rattle when idling. Not sure where it's coming from either, but I'm guessing it's a door seal somewhere?

Would appreciate any advice/ideas.

1. I never had this problem before, can't be the cv's as I had them replaced recently. Power steering fluid was fine,  I'm not sure what can cause that. Brakes were fine when I checked them a while ago but maybe they have worn on one side. As far as I know the bushings were fine but maybe have someone have a look at them

2. Also never heard that sound while I had the car and I was always using the stereo.

3. It's an old car so try your best to find it. I never really heard a rattle. 

I can't keep answering your questions about the car, remember it's old and is not a brand new car so it will have some things you might not be used to. 

Past

1990 Subaru Liberty GX

​Present

#170 Yanoflies

Yanoflies

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:46 PM

No worries, I'm not expecting you to answer all my questions -- sorry if I've asked too much. I just wanted some advice/help and thought this would be the best place to ask.

#171 Usas

Usas

Gen juan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:48 PM

No worries, I'm not expecting you to answer all my questions -- sorry if I've asked too much. I just wanted some advice/help and thought this would be the best place to ask.

If you need to know anything desperately send me a PM on here, no need to bump the thread up  :)

Past

1990 Subaru Liberty GX

​Present

#172 Yanoflies

Yanoflies

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:49 PM

Roger.

#173 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,868 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:50 PM

Or you can write up your own build topic and ask questions in there. You could even use the majority of what Usas posted seeing as you now own the vehicle. ;)

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#174 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:52 PM

Yanoflies maybe start your own new "builds and projects" thread and introduce yourself to everyone. then you have a good place to ask questions and get feedback from other members who might be able to help with your issues. cheers aek

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users