#1 WALKER

WALKER

SAM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:02 PM

Hi Guys,
Hoping someone might be able to give me some feedback.
Recently had 150,000KM service (2,000KM ago)
As of recent, on a cold morning, for the first 5 minutes there is a slight tapping, ticking sound which increases with acceleration.
Today driving home very briefly the engine malfunction light flashed on and off.
This might be a coincidence.
What would the best course of action be?

I have a video but you can't really notice in the video.

Posted Image

#2 Jberg89

Jberg89

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Interests:Surfing

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:56 PM

Mate, I don't know much about this stuff but if the engine check light has flashed it would store the code would it not? So you could read the 'Checking Engine Light' thread in the electronics section which shows you how to read the code yourself. You can then determine the reason for the check light. Post the check code up here and I'm sure some of the other guys would be able to help you figure out whether the 'tapping' noise is related to the check light. Is it Auto or Manual?

I could be wrong, but thats what I would do. Checking the engine light will take you 10 minutes using the DIY in the Electronics section.

1zvaasj.jpg6xu6h5.jpg2jg734g.jpg

#3 WALKER

WALKER

SAM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:36 PM

Thanks. I'll have a look. Yeah its auto.

Posted Image

#4 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:50 PM

I doubt it's stored a code. It won't store until it's logged the fault several times on the one engine start on the Gen 3's. Intermittent faults are a prick to chase.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users