9 replies to this topic

#1 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:03 PM

So I found a very handy source for the JDM BH TT wiring, here.

Now the interesting part is that this wiring (and my EJ208DW front cut) appear to have the manifold pressure sensor in the BBOD which is switched between manifold (MAP-like) and atmospheric ("Atmospheric Change Over Solenoid", or "Pressure Source Exchange Solenoid").

This doesn't appear on any of the AUDM versions I've seen -- they appear to have a seperate sensor for atmospheric, and a MAP on the throttle body.

Can anyone shed any light on this difference?

#2 Beckers

Beckers

OMAR Cubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Docking and eating dry meat, Living lyf in the TT VOD

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:17 PM

That's some good info Duncan.

Thanks mate.

#3 WillC

WillC

Scrappy Coco the 2nd! Disc0 Disc0

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:Suby, HOONda, Chasing magical unicorns, turbos. Fruit loops
    Most things with a pulse. Most things that tick and have electric.

Posted 22 June 2014 - 01:22 AM

That might explain why the JDM ones work and the AUDM ones don't

#4 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:34 AM

Ok..  apologies up front for the mismatching diagrams.. I have a AUDM (export?) FSM and the JDM diagrams above to work with.

AUDM

Note the separate atmospheric and intake manifold pressure sensors.

Attached File  AUDM_BH.jpg   110.39KB   7 downloads

Here's the pressure sensor on the intake

Attached File  AUDM_intake.jpg   64.23KB   7 downloads

JDM

One "Absolute pressure sensor" and a solenoid

Attached File  JDM_BH.jpg   113.17KB   5 downloads

in the BBOD

Attached File  JDM_BH_BBOD.jpg   88.89KB   6 downloads

and here's a real JDM intake - no MAP 

Attached File  JDM_intake.JPG   66.08KB   5 downloads

#5 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:52 AM

Am I ?

Attached File  lib_fsm.jpg   50.79KB   6 downloads

#6 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:58 AM

Hence why in other posts Ive have told Crusin about buying Yankie parts and someone else doing a conversion to try and match up same revision cars if your doing a Front Cut.

You passed your judgement on Mark and you didn't even know anything about what parts he dealt/deals with from the USA. Mark is just as knowledgeable as yourself and is pretty switched on. Starting to get a little tired of your attitude in here, it smells of know-it-all-ism and you won't gain much, if any, respect in here simply throwing your weight around. Just a heads up.

To the OP, the reasons why shit is different, is why shit is different in any car from an earlier revision compared to a later revision. They simply upgrade how everything works.The later revisions D and E brought with them some tweaks to styling, a few minor interior updates and most of all how the TT system runs. As new tech becomes available they implement it. The Rev D,E TT system was Subaru's height of it's functioning performance. 

Simple.

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#7 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:37 AM

guys - please don't bring the bitching into this thread. Keep it in one spot (preferably away from me).

Suby - I appreciate your knowledgeable input. Attitudes don't translate well across da interwebs, so I think everyone needs to take a chill pill and try not to take offence.

I also tend to agree that many hobbyists think they can learn everything from google, whilst for the pros, its bread and butter but a whole 'nother level of undersanding.

I'm pulling my FSM's from whererever I can get them.

I do realise that much wiring was different, different ECU's ran through the B4, etc etc.

I just came across this while trying to locate some loom differences, and thought this was a pretty significant change worth noting.

I thought the FSM I had (front page above) would cover pretty much everything 'non-JDM'... which other English-speaking markets other than Oz did the B4 sell into?

#8 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:21 AM

It's more the fact that you came on here, didn't even introduce yourself or tell us anything about what you do or how you came to do it... You just started writing long winded complicated answers for people who just need simple answers. I don't care about your mates sons uncles brother RS. It's not even relevant. 

All we ask is that we get the bigger picture, it's all down to respect and you won't gain it throwing your weight around with an attitude implying that no-one else knows what they're talking about.

You see where i'm going?

You pretty much humiliated the OP in this thread throwing down your "here's my 100 years of experience, you don't know what your doing". All was asked was a simple question. Your confusing people with information overload, you don't have to prove yourself in here, just contribute.

We are more than happy to accommodate new members and their passion but man, what a way to start a name for yourself. We're not coming at you with pitchforks and torches and we want you to stick around as you CLEARLY have a wealth of knowledge, but as i said earlier, we know nothing about you or what you do? This is a community, not a forum.

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#9 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:30 AM

I consider this all a laugh and you guys take it too seriously  I also deal with customers every day questioning me with comments like .  I read this on X forums re Z problem. This results in shaking of heads esp with the Engineers from Subaru that have been here at times helping me .

So it is your aim to make fun of people's lack of knowledge? I'm quite sure that 90% of us on this forum have worked in sales/retail before. You're not the only one.

Without trying to further derail this topic, I invite you to this forum SubyDr.

http://www.subyclub....-introductions/

Until then, no one knows who the hell you are and whatever expertise you possess.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#10 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:43 AM

You pretty much humiliated the OP in this thread throwing down your "here's my 100 years of experience, you don't know what your doing". All was asked was a simple question. Your confusing people with information overload, you don't have to prove yourself in here, just contribute.

Hey Jimbo,

think what you like.. but please don't take offence on my behalf.  I didn't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users