←  Electrical/Electronics

Suby Club

»

Strange stuff in my car...

Jimbo's Photo Jimbo 30 Jun 2014

Gents,

Found an assortment of strange things in my car while cleaning it today. Couple of sensors i'm curious about and that black box which i have NFI what it is or does... alarm system?

2014-06-30114931_zpse336752b.jpg

This is the strange black box. Located in the drivers footwell behind the kick panel on the bottom right. Next pic is the wiring loom.

2014-06-30114948_zps115f9d4e.jpg

This is its loom. Is the single wire plug in the bottom right (above the big green one) the plug needed for re-programming keys? I' thinking it's supposed to be disconnected?

2014-06-30120212_zps488cd869.jpg

This bad boy is under the centre console. Never seen anything like it, along with the next pic.

2014-06-30120552_zps476f35ee.jpg

This is also another random sensor thing. Found under the centre console. Also note the plug just kicking around.

2014-06-30120559_zpsd4e4bbf0.jpg

Just near the other sensor (posted above) there was also a blue plug floating around doing nothing.

Anyone got any ideas what any of this stuff is?

Robert's Photo Robert 30 Jun 2014

That one in the centre console

Is either related to abs or airbags
G force sensor

Edit: it should have a yellow rapping if it's important

93tzlegacy's Photo 93tzlegacy 30 Jun 2014

the black round sensor is a fore - aft g sensor for ABS, 

the square g sensor is lateral and for side airbags i believe

top module most likely remnants of remote start or shitty jdm alarm 

I doubt it as the black box is wired in aftermarket. Definitely not factory. 

Interesting, the black box is set to "off". I wonder if i turn it on, ill get remote central locking working? Didn't try that one out....

brb lol

AWESOME!

Turned the little black box on, undid the single wire connecter.

MY CENTRAL LOCKING WORKS!!!

Jimbo Small black box . Large one look like Alarm .

what small box are you talking about? Do you mean the small one in the centre console? Im talking about the 1st pic.

I reckon they turned the locking off when they imported it (incase keys got lost?) and no one has figured out how to get it going since. Previous owner said it never worked while he had it for 2 years.

Also SubyDr, my car doesn't have VDC. It was standard in the GT VDC but not in the GT-B.