aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:11 PM

subaru-brz-ts-concept_100435939_l.jpg

Hallelujah friends, hallelujah. One of the highest voices in Subaru's parent company, Fuji Heavy Industries, has just said that the boxer-obsessed automaker will release a second generation of the lovable BRZ.

Yasuyuki Yoshinaga, president of FHI, has summarily shot down assertions made by Tetsuya Tada, the chief engineer for the Toyota GT86. In a recent interview with an Australian publication, Tada claimed that Subaru had not decided whether it would be involved in the followup effort to the rear-drive coupe, and even speculated that the Toyota could team with BMW for a second-gen car, instead.

"If I were to be told that, I'd pass out. It's not going to be just one generation," Yoshinaga-san told Automotive News.

Despite this claim, even Yoshinaga confirmed that in order for the BRZ to be viable, his company needs Toyota. Should Toyota make the move to BMW as part of its joint-venture agreement, though, it'd cast some major doubts on the likelihood of a second-gen BRZ ever seeing the light of day.

This info and more can be found at: http://www.autoblog.com/

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users