• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Samwise

Samwise

Official official of the official.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,434 posts
  • Interests:Taste so good, make you wanna slap yo' mama.

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:43 PM

Hey guys,

I never got the spare key with my WRX, so now working for a dealership I decided to buy myself one (cost price for the win!)

How do I go about programming it to my car?

Are these google instructions correct?

Unlock all doors, foot on brake, all doors closed. Cycle key quickly but carefully on-off appr 10 times until the car honks one time. Do not turn the key far enough to start the car, just to the 'on' position so the dashboard lights up.

When the horn honks, open and close the driver's door, press any remote button and that's it.
Program another remote? Quickly open and close the driver's door again and push a button on the 2nd remote. That's it.
When you're done, remove the key and  the horn should honk 3 times. You're all set.
Sometime it takes more than 10 on-offs to set program mode. Open/close the door, lock/unlock etc, wait 10 minutes, then try again

Cheers

I like to think of it as borrowing someone's car and driving it better than them.

#2 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:50 PM

I've never heard that exaplaination.

To the right of your accelerator, there will be a kick panel. Remove it and see if there's any unconnected plugs.

If there is, let me know and I'll dig around for some instructions that worked for me.

IM47Gcv.jpg

#3 BE4ORE

BE4ORE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Cars, PS4 and my B4!!!

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:19 PM

I also need a spare key for my B4... the person i bought it from only gave me the one key :(

#4 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:04 PM

Sambo, check out Mr Minnit. They may be able to do it as they can do key re-programming now. Whether it will work on a Subaru i don't know but it's worth asking the question. Shouldn't you be able to do it at your work??

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#5 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:11 PM

I know this info is now useless to you but it may be useful to someone so imma write it up anyway...

How to reprogram your central locking

Remove kick panel to the the right of the throttle

3f6Auvp.jpg

There are two plugs that are not connected. Plug them together

utHHsu1.jpg

CODING - ensure that the doors are in the UNLOCKED position

DC5k3tS.jpg

Method 1

Press any button of the transmitter twice to be registered.

The door lock will automatically lock and unlock in sequence.

This indicates the completion of transmitter registration for the first transmitter.

If you want to register a second (or third) transmitter, press any button of that transmitter twice.

This indicates the completion of transmitter registration for the second (or third) transmitter.

Method 2

Take one transmitter and hold down the 'locked' button.

Whilst the locked button is depressed flip the lock manually from 'unlocked' to 'locked' then to 'unlocked' again. Release the button.

Whilst the button is depressed the immobiliser light should be on.

Now move the lock manually to the 'locked' position. Hold down the 'unlock' button this time and flip the lock manually from 'locked' to 'unlocked' then to 'locked' again. Release the button.

Once again whilst the button is depressed the immobiliser light should be illuminated.

Make sure you unplug the plugs behind the kick panel before testing otherwise it will not work.

Replace kick panel.

IM47Gcv.jpg

#6 Samwise

Samwise

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,434 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:46 PM

Sambo, check out Mr Minnit. They may be able to do it as they can do key re-programming now. Whether it will work on a Subaru i don't know but it's worth asking the question. Shouldn't you be able to do it at your work??

Yeah, was trying to see if I could do it myself.

Hoping to not have use my lunch break going down to service and getting one of the boys to sort it out for me. May have to though, if you need to use the SSM..

I like to think of it as borrowing someone's car and driving it better than them.

#7 Tim.

Tim.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:36 PM

Funny you should mention those instruction because they sound ridiculous BUT they worked for me. My remote wasn't unlocking the car anymore after the battery in the remote went flat but that exact process reprogrammed it.

It takes some time and practice to get the key turning smoothly >10 times in a sequence.

#8 Samwise

Samwise

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,434 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:40 AM

So connecting the two plugs like Morgan suggested got it synced up to the central unlocking.
Still won't start the car though, so need to get the immobilizer programmed.

#9 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:01 PM

So connecting the two plugs like Morgan suggested got it synced up to the central unlocking.
Still won't start the car though, so need to get the immobilizer programmed.

Try unlocking the car with original key and start it with the new key. Surprisingly worked for me when I needed a key cut for my old lib.

#10 MrSober88

MrSober88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:36 PM

I know this info is now useless to you but it may be useful to someone so imma write it up anyway...

How to reprogram your central locking

Remove kick panel to the the right of the throttle

There are two plugs that are not connected. Plug them together

CODING - ensure that the doors are in the UNLOCKED position

Method 1

Press any button of the transmitter twice to be registered.

This indicates the completion of transmitter registration for the first transmitter.

If you want to register a second (or third) transmitter, press any button of that transmitter twice.

This indicates the completion of transmitter registration for the second (or third) transmitter.

Method 2

Take one transmitter and hold down the 'locked' button.

Whilst the locked button is depressed flip the lock manually from 'unlocked' to 'locked' then to 'unlocked' again. Release the button.

Whilst the button is depressed the immobiliser light should be on.

Now move the lock manually to the 'locked' position. Hold down the 'unlock' button this time and flip the lock manually from 'locked' to 'unlocked' then to 'locked' again. Release the button.

Once again whilst the button is depressed the immobiliser light should be illuminated.

Make sure you unplug the plugs behind the kick panel before testing otherwise it will not work.

Replace kick panel.

OMG! I cannot wait to check this out, Mine has been stuffed since I did my conversion. I recently checked and those wires are connected. The only things I could find is the OP instructions.

#11 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:10 PM

Unconnected them! Will probably fix it ;)

IM47Gcv.jpg

#12 MrSober88

MrSober88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:54 PM

Unconnected them! Will probably fix it ;)

Yeah as I just plugged everything back together thinking it needs to be connected other than those black and green ones for testing/ECU codes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users