←  Electrical/Electronics

Suby Club

»

Defi Link Control II Wiring ?

AB501UT!0N's Photo AB501UT!0N 07 Aug 2014

Hi All,

I need your help urgently regarding where I need to wire in my defi controller cause I tried to wire it via the a/c and radio and I can get the controller to light up when I have the lights on but that's it  :( I have half my dash off at the moment and I'm hoping you guys can help?

Red to 12V

Black to Ground
White to Lights on
Orange to ignition

Above are the wires I need to connect up!

Thanks Chris

Barbbachello's Photo Barbbachello 07 Aug 2014

Got a multimeter? Im guessing red to constant 12v so should be able to get that from the radio. Ground is obvious. White would be a feed to the head lights so it dims when the headlights come on so its not blinding you. Orange would be switched 12v. 

CRUISN's Photo CRUISN 07 Aug 2014

You can get it from the ignition wiring loom (thick cables) at the bottom of the steering column for ACC (blue iirc) and constant 12V (red). Ground it to the chassis. Illumination is a solid purple wire and its also just near the column.

I can get you an exact location and colors by pic later today if you can wait........ Only did mine a few days ago.

Got a multimeter? Im guessing red to constant 12v so should be able to get that from the radio. Ground is obvious. White would be a feed to the head lights so it dims when the headlights come on so its not blinding you. Orange would be switched 12v. 

I do not :( And thanks for your help mate I appreciate it :)

You can get it from the ignition wiring loom (thick cables) at the bottom of the steering column for ACC (blue iirc) and constant 12V (red). Ground it to the chassis. Illumination is a solid purple wire and its also just near the column.

I can get you an exact location and colors by pic later today if you can wait........ Only did mine a few days ago.

Since I'm a picture guy that would be great :) Thanks Mark 

Mosti's Photo Mosti 07 Aug 2014

When I had a Defi control unit and boost gauge in mine I wired into the cigarette lighter. Put the control unit in the glove box and it worked a charm

WillC's Photo WillC 07 Aug 2014

Hi Absolution,

There is a purple wire that goes into your original Headunit that is your illuminination control wire. I can't really remember the rest.

Probably really need that factory manual and multimeter to make sure.

Thanks for all your help guys I really do appreciate it and I don't have a cigarette lighter and Mark is going to send me some pics of how to wire it up a I shall post them up for for future reference :)

JRod's Photo JRod 07 Aug 2014

Interesting. I have all that gear sitting in the garage. Might have to plug it all in.......

WillC's Photo WillC 07 Aug 2014

Thanks for all your help guys I really do appreciate it and I don't have a cigarette lighter and Mark is going to send me some pics of how to wire it up a I shall post them up for for future reference :)

If you're in Sydney swing by my place and i'll help you hook it up.

AB501UT!0N's Photo AB501UT!0N 17 Aug 2014

Thanks for your offer will and if I did not live in Vic then I would have taken you up on the offer :)

And below is the install to the radio wiring and thanks to Mark for his help working out how to test out the wiring since I'm a noob!

20140812_082339_zpszx8r5cfl.jpg

Message_1407647101565_zpswfaa0gf8.jpg

BE4ORE's Photo BE4ORE 20 Sep 2014

Nice one Chris, looks awesome. Did mine today as well, smoked mechanical gauge... Only one issue, works fine but only illuminates when I switch the lights on :(

BE4ORE's Photo BE4ORE 20 Sep 2014

Can you plz tell me which wires u connected to where behind radio? Thx bro.