#1 TittySprinklez

TittySprinklez

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:spending all the coin on the rex

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:17 PM

hey 

sooo for bout a week now iv noticed this knock, its hard to describe but ill do my best, pretty much it sounds like something knocking on something else, it sounds like its coming from the CV's but closer to the gear box it self, the knock only ever happens when the cars at lower rpm and is asking for another gear, or when ever i down shift OR when i go over a harsh bump. i thought it might be where the drive shafts splines slide onto the gearbox splines, maybe theres a bearing there or something loose idk. if im really slow and smooth with my changes the knock dosen't happen. ill try and get a video of it tomorrow so you can hear it

car: 02 RX lib

cheers

luke 

#2 Meadyy8

Meadyy8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:54 AM

Pitch mount possibly?

#3 HowFarToAsgaard

HowFarToAsgaard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:17 PM

Iv had this same issue for ages still chasing after it. It's only when it's at low speeds like speed humps and pot holes, iv check the whole suspension and there's nothing wrong. I'm now moving to steering rack

#4 CodeBurn3r

CodeBurn3r

Resident Mexican

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:35 PM

Put it in 5th. Do 60kmh.
Tap the accelerator on and of a few times with a second between and see if you get the knocking sound.

Probably gearbox mounts are worn
ams: "Can't live with them, can't throw rocks at them."

#5 HowFarToAsgaard

HowFarToAsgaard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:10 PM

if its anything like my problem I beleave its coming from the drive shafts or the output shafts from the front diff. From gathering your symptoms it sounds like its when ever there is the least load on the drive shafts, being when your costing or changing gears. Try going over a set of bumps while accelerating with ya brake on and see if it gose away, then try going over the same area just coasting. 

I also notice a lot of movement within the shafts them self and from the output shafts from the front diff. Not sure if this is normal but i can put my money on it that its what is causing the knocking sound.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users