3 replies to this topic

#1 gradg

gradg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 03:36 PM

Hey guys,

Just out of curiosity I guess, recently had a short discussion regarding my old car on a PM and thought I'd put the feelers out as to it's whereabouts/new owner/status/whatever.

I think I had the build started around 2007, as that's the year I came back from my Japan snow trip and decided on what I was going to do.

Some of you on here MAY be familiar with it, but it's going back some time now. (I've been more a reader than a poster on these forums ever since I joined up)

The car:

2000 model Outback,De-lifted onto Liberty suspension (done properly), colour coded, facelifted, V3 STi converted, GT-B interiored/winged, front-mounted, super fun vehicle to drive....

As far as I was aware, at the time it was the only STi converted outback, there was another on the central coast that had a forester turbo transplant, but it stood at std height.

OBK2711-8.jpg

OBK2711-7.jpg

OBK09084.jpg

OBK09089.jpg

Marty from MCM had it in his hands to do a tint video and I think after that it made it's way down to canberra or something....

I miss the sound of this thing, even to this day, it was a super fun thing to drive and definitely generated quite a bit of intrigue whenever it was driven/parked. Not a lot of people knew exactly what it was.

Unfortunately the last I heard it wasn't in the best of shape...... it's kind of disappointing to hear that of something you took a lot of pride in at one stage.

Anyone got any clues/ideas? :)

#2 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 29 September 2014 - 05:07 PM

Marty from MCM was the last known owner I think. Not sure who he sold it to but he bought it off a member in ACT.

IM47Gcv.jpg

#3 Cam.

Cam.

OEM+

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,906 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 05:23 PM

This car always gave me funny feelings in the pants. I spotted it a few times.

Loved the prodrive wheels on it. The chromies it once had were sickening...I suppose that was in all those years ago though.

Asb2OgK.jpg?1

#4 gradg

gradg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 05:49 PM

This car always gave me funny feelings in the pants. I spotted it a few times.

Loved the prodrive wheels on it. The chromies it once had were sickening...I suppose that was in all those years ago though.

Haha yeah the chromies were on it from the previous owner and were left on until I could afford something decent after the conversion and were never part of the overall plan. The handling difference between the two was absolutely insane. I loved those prodrives too. I think they were one of the biggest regrets - not keeping them!

I'm glad I could help you in the pants - all those years ago hahaha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users